Honey Glazed Pork Ham.
You can cook Honey Glazed Pork Ham using 10 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Honey Glazed Pork Ham
- You need 2 kg of Fresh pork ham shank end.
- You need 5 tbsp of rock salt (Himalayan white rock salt is fine) (for curing).
- You need 3 tbsp of white sugar (for curing).
- Prepare 5 cups of pineapple juice.
- You need 2 cups of brown sugar.
- You need 5 pcs of laurel leaves.
- It’s of Glaze ingredients:.
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of honey.
- Prepare 10 tablespoons of pineapple juice mixture.
Honey Glazed Pork Ham step by step
- Clean the ham and pat dry with paper tower. Combine the rock salt and sugar..
- Rub the salt mixture into the pork thoroughly and cover in a sealed tight container. After 8 hrs, put the meat back in a different order to ensure even distribution of the salt all round. (Do not throw the salt juices). Do this for 4-5 days (either every morning and night).
- After the 5 days curing process, wash the pork for about 1 minute to remove the salt. Then pat them dry with paper towel..
- Place in a casserole and add the pineapple juice, laurel leaves and brown sugar..
- Let them cook for about 45 minutes..
- Preheat oven to 320F..
- Remove the ham from the pineapple mixture and arrange in a roasting rack. Cover with aluminum foil. Roast for 40 minutes..
- Remove the foil and increase the oven heat to 400F. Continue to roast for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the Brown Sugar Honey Glaze by coming all the glaze ingredients in a sauce pan. Heat the pan and stir the mixture until well blended. Continue to cook in low to medium heat until the mixture reduces to half..
- Remove ham from the oven. Brush Brown Sugar Honey Glaze all over it. Continue to roast for 10 minutes or until the ham turns brown..
- Remove from the oven. Let it cool down..
- Carve the ham. Serve..
- Share and enjoy!.