Sweet and sour brussel sprouts. Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. This side dish has a nice sweet-and-sour balance, and bacon adds a tasty accent. Sprout lovers will definitely approve of this flavorful treatment.
This is a great do-ahead recipe. In a separate saucepan large enough to hold the Brussels Sprouts, melt the butter and cook the onion until browned. Remove saucepan from heat, and stir in the flour until smooth. You can cook Sweet and sour brussel sprouts using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet and sour brussel sprouts
- You need 1 pound of Brussels sprouts.
- It’s 1 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt or to taste.
- You need 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Thai Sweet Chili Sauce.
- Prepare 2-3 tsp of lime juice.
Brussel sprouts slathered in hand made sweet and sour sauce. How to Make Sweet And Sour Brussel Sprouts. Cook brussel sprouts according to directions. Mix vinegar and sugar according to your taste and pour over brussel sprouts.
Sweet and sour brussel sprouts instructions
- Rinse the Brussels sprouts with cold water and let dry in a colander. Trim off the ends and cut them in half..
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts and garlic with olive oil and wrap the them in aluminum foil. Air fry at 380F (190C) for about about 18 minutes..
- In a mixing bowl, toss the Sprouts with Thai Sweet Chili Sauce and lime juice to serve..
Pre-cooked, roasted brussels sprouts, tossed in sweet-and-sour sauce and topped with pepitas. I know that you either love brussels sprouts or hate them, but I'm trying to do my best and experiment with as many different recipes as possible, to find out what the best and easiest. These Brussels sprouts are not the usual mushy bitter veggies we have grown to hate. They have a bit of a crunch and sweetness from maple syrup and a bit of. The Brussels sprouts are roasted in the oven until crispy and served with a sweet and sour plum sauce.