Grandma’s Grilled Eggplant. Grilled Eggplant Dry Italian seasoning can be substituted for Herbs de Provence. Lucinda Scala Quinn preps her version of eggplant parmesan with olive oil, sliced grilled eggplants, salt, breadcrumbs, grated parmesan, fresh oregano, fresh basil, and black pepper. subscribe. Today I would like to share with you my easy Eggplant Parmigiana recipe.
Enjoy this Grilled Eggplant with some chunky pieces of my olive bread grilled and drizzled with a touch more extra virgin olive oil. Line two large rimmed, baking sheets with parchment paper for easy cleanup. Slice off both rounded ends on one eggplant, then stand it up on its widest flat side. You can cook Grandma’s Grilled Eggplant using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grandma’s Grilled Eggplant
- It’s 2-3 of medium eggplants, cut into 1 x 2 inch pieces.
- It’s to taste of Oyster sauce.
- It’s to taste of White pepper.
- You need to taste of Fried onions.
Cook until a thin layer of oil remains on top, and when a spoonful of spread is removed, only the oil should run off the spoon, not the spread. After the composition reaches the boiling point, add the tomatoes then taste and adjust salt, pepper, and bay leaves to meet your tastes. Easy Italian marinated eggplant – grilled eggplant/aubergine marinated in garlic, oregano, chili and mint. Perfect as a side, with salad or as an antipasto with drinks.
Grandma’s Grilled Eggplant step by step
- Heat a griddle pan/non-stick pan to very hot. Add cold oil to the hot pan to help it become even less sticky!.
- Place the eggplants on the pan and grill quickly, turning frequently until the eggplant is browned on the outside. They don’t take very long to cook. Don’t use too much oil, remember we are just grilling them..
- Arrange on a plate and top with a drizzle of oyster sauce, a sprinkle of white pepper and top with deep fried onions (this is a common South East Asian condiment, if unavailable use sliced spring/green onions)..
Find Eggplant ideas, recipes & cooking techniques for all levels from Bon Appétit, where food and culture meet. See more ideas about Recipes, Grandmas recipes, Italian recipes. Eggplant Recipes by our Italian Grandmas! Eggplant have become a very common vegetable in the Italian cuisine that are used in many recipes ranging from appetizers to main courses. Eggplant come in different varieties and colors with the most common being purple.