Stuffed portobello (vegetarian). First – Gently gut of the underside of the Portobello Mushroom to make a bowl. (Does that make gutting sound romantic, or does that just sound gross?) Then – Quickly saute your veggie filling to soften the veggies and enhance the flavors. Finely chopped green bell pepper and onion add color and flavor to these basic Parmesan and breadcrumb stuffed mushrooms. Cook chopped stems with onion, garlic, and peppers.
You can stuff them, slice them, grill them, and sauté them, and portobello mushrooms will stand up to the challenge. These vegetarian portobello stuffed mushrooms are filled with marinara sauce (store-bought or homemade), sautéed spinach, and a crispy panko breadcrumb coated goat cheese medallions. The trick to the crispy topping is to lightly sauté panko breadcrumbs with melted butter, finely chopped shallots, and garlic. You can have Stuffed portobello (vegetarian) using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stuffed portobello (vegetarian)
- It’s 4 of jumbo portobello mushrooms.
- You need 1 pack of Yves veggie cuisine garden veggie crumble (soy free vegan protein).
- Prepare 1/4 of large Red pepper finely diced.
- You need 1/4 of large orange pepper finely diced.
- It’s 1 of green onion finely diced.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of feta crumbled.
- Prepare 50 ml of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 50 ml of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare to taste of fresh ground black pepper.
Portobello mushrooms are a great option for a vegan or vegetarian main course, because they are large enough to fill a plate, and can be stuffed with a variety of flavors For reader Dianne Wenz of West Orange, small stuffed mushrooms were always a holiday side dish — until the year she decided not to serve them "I didn't make them one year, thinking no one would notice, but my dinner guests. Porobello mushrooms are the perfect go-to ingredient to beef up any vegetarian dish. They are so versatile and satiating, with a "meaty" texture. You can marinate them, stuff them, grill them, and more.
Stuffed portobello (vegetarian) step by step
- Clean the mushrooms heads with damp cloth or paper towel..
- Remove stems and finely dice them. Put them aside in a large bowl..
- Remove inside of mushrooms delicatly with spoon. Carefull not to brake mushroom heads. Throw inside away..
- Mix olive oil with balsamic vinegar and brush the outside and the inside of mushroom heads with mix. Put them aside on a plate..
- Add the peppers, green onions, crumbled feta and vegan protein to the bowl containing the mushroom stems and mix well. Add fresh ground black pepper to taste..
- Stuff the mushroom heads with this mix, gently pressing mix in with hands..
- Cook on the bbq at mid-low or in the oven at 450° for 20 minutes. Both must be preheated..
- Serve on a quinoa bed with a side of green salad..
This recipe was inspired by Jim Carver who shared his love for stuffed portobello mushrooms with me. I took his idea, and made a lasagna style mushroom, topped it with my homemade marinara sauce and some cheese and baked this in the oven. Brush both sides of mushroom caps lightly with olive oil and place top-side down on an oiled sheet pan. Put the pecans in blender and process until coarsely ground. Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms – these mushrooms are stuffed with lots of veggies plus goat cheese and topped with mozzarella cheese.