Whole grain fusilli pasta with tomato basil sauce. The twists of Fusilli allows it to hold more sauce, making it perfect for your favorite pasta salad dishes or paired with tasty tomato-based sauces. Barilla Whole Grain Fusilli cooks up perfectly al dente everytime, delivering the delicious taste and texture you expect in every bite. Great recipe for Whole grain fusilli pasta with tomato basil sauce.
Try Barilla's Tomato & Basil Penne Italian Entrée. Tomato & Basil Penne Italian Entrée is made with non-GMO ingredients. For more information, please read our position. You can have Whole grain fusilli pasta with tomato basil sauce using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Whole grain fusilli pasta with tomato basil sauce
- You need 200 g of fusilli pasta whole grain or your choice of pasta.
- Prepare of For the sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion chopped.
- It’s 3-4 cloves of garlic minced.
- It’s 1-2 of all spice balls.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of oregano.
- You need 2 of large basil leafs.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s to taste of Black pepper.
- You need 2 tbs of olive oil.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1 can of crashed tomatoes.
Fresh cracked black pepper to taste Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Set aside on a paper towel-lined plate. Bring a large pot of salted water. Whole grain fusilli pasta with tomato basil sauce.
Whole grain fusilli pasta with tomato basil sauce instructions
- In a big pot bring water to a boil and add the pasta with some salt cook to your preference..
- FOR THE SAUCE..
- Chop the onion and the garlic. And put them in a sauce pan with the oil and sauté them.
- Now add salt pepper all spice water sugar Crashed tomatoes basil oregano and bring to a boil and cook till sauce reduce to your preference..
- You can top with some parmigiana or Greek mizithra. Kali orexi. Enjoy..
A healthier choice compare to normal 🍝 pasta. I topped whole wheat fusilli pasta with the sauce and spiced chicken (prepared with S&P, basil, oregano, & garlic powder) and served it with a side of squash and zucchini. You could eat this is in so many different ways though — add the veggies directly into the sauce; top with shrimp; eat it meatless and stir in some broccoli instead; add. If you feel that your sauce is not thin enough, you can a little of the pasta water to your desire. Pour pasta and sauce into a large serving bowl and add the fresh mozzarella balls.