Amy's gluten free fried chicken. Unfortunately, traditional fried chicken does contain gluten. Not only do they coat the chicken in flour, but the fryers in many restaurants become contaminated because they also fry other gluten foods in the fryer. Well, now our family can get its gluten free fried chicken fix at Proposition Chicken.
Try serving up some of this gluten free fried chicken. It's amazing right out of the. This gluten-free fried chicken recipe, made with coconut milk, cornstarch, Old Bay, and chili powder, is the best. You can have Amy's gluten free fried chicken using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Amy's gluten free fried chicken
- Prepare 1 family pack of chicken thighs or any style.
- It’s 2 cups of almond meal (not almond flour).
- It’s 1 cup of corn starch.
- Prepare 1 cup of Bobs Red Mill all purpose baking flour.
- You need 1 TBSP of pepper +.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of + season salt or choice of seasonings.
Because we believe awesome fried chicken is a birthright for all, we bring you this recipe for the crispest, juiciest, best-est ever gluten-free fried chicken. Recipe courtesy of Shauna James Ahern. All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour Mix: Pour all the flours into a large container. (Restaurant supply stores sell large plastic containers that fit this purpose well. Super tasty gluten-free fried chicken: crispy and crunchy on the outside, moist and juicy on the inside and loaded with flavor throughout.
Amy's gluten free fried chicken instructions
- Rinse and drain chicken well, season lightly with pepper and season salt and stir well. (or seasoning of choice).
- In a separate bowl mix almond meal, corn starch, Bob's flour, pepper, and season salt (or seasoning of choice). Heat oil in a large pot to medium heat..
- Add seasoned chicken to flour mix and coat thoroughly, shake off excess flour, add chicken to hot oil, skin side down..
- Fry, turning about every ten minutes until golden brown. Keep cooked chicken in oven on low heat until you've finished frying, to keep chicken warm. placing chicken in oven also helps for crispness..
- BOB'S flour.
Could we develop a recipe that delivered moist chicken coated with a crisp, mahogany crust—without traditional flour helping us out? There's a lot of debate about the best way to make fried chicken, but it's pretty much a given that flour is going to be in the recipe. We took a classic approach of triple coating the chicken, using arrowroot, eggs and almond flour. We loved the deep crunch we got when it was deep fried, but also equally delicious was when it was cooked in the air fryer and baked in the oven. This simple oven fried shake and bake chicken recipe is gluten free and low carb.