Vegan cabbage roll. Spoon lentil mixture into softened cabbage leaves and roll tightly. Place stuffed cabbage rolls side by side in a baking dish. Vegan Mushroom Cabbage Rolls with Lentil & Rice – Everyday Healthy Recipes.
From Vegan Vittles by Joanne Stepaniak. This is a tasty, simple and hearty dish. I didn't have quick cooking brown rice and just used cooked brown rice instead- about a cup and a half- and it turned out just fine. You can cook Vegan cabbage roll using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan cabbage roll
- Prepare 1 of small cabbage/ half big cabbage.
- It’s 2 spoons of vegan butter/olive oil.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Fillings.
- You need 1,5 cup of rice.
- It’s 50 gr of frozen mushroom (any kind).
- Prepare 2 slices of bread (without crust).
- Prepare 2 spoons of soy milk.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 of dice of vegetable broth (knorr).
- You need 2 spoons of olive oil.
- Prepare of Oregano.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- Prepare 12 spoons of canned tomato sauce/soup.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1/3 glass of cooking white wine.
- It’s 2 spoons of olive oil.
I also doubled the tomato sauce because I wanted to use. Sauerkraut cabbage rolls, vegetarian cabbage rolls, traditional Romanian cabbage rolls, Savoy cabbage rolls and so on. This recipe for sauerkraut cabbage rolls filled with rice and vegetables is a typical Romanian fasting time, vegan cabbage roll recipe. This recipe for Stuffed Vegan Cabbage Rolls was by reader request.
Vegan cabbage roll instructions
- Prepare 18 sheets of cabbage leaves. Wash well with running water..
- Boil water and put a pinch of salt. When the water is boiled, put cabbage leaves for 4 minutes and take out from the water..
- Cut bread into small pieces and soften it with 3 spoon of soy milk. Crush and mix well. Cut 1 clove of garlic into small pieces and mix with the bread.
- Boil 1.5 cups of rice with 3 cups of water. Put 1 dice of vegetable broth dice. close with the lid for 10 mins. Tips: quick mix the rice when the dice is melted and close again with the lid..
- After 10 mins, put olive oil, mushrooms, and bread mixture. Add 1 glass of water if it is too much dry. Mix with the rice and close the lid. It will be ready after 5 mins with medium high heat..
- Put the filling into the cabbage leaves. Fill all 18 leaves. Tips: use a toothpick to seal the roll if you find it difficult to close..
- Melt butter on the pan. Once melted, put all cabbage roll on the pan. Close with a lid. Leave for 5-7 minutes with medium heat..
- On another pan, heat olive oil and 1 clove of garlic. Once you smell the garlic, put 12 spoons of tomato sauce/soup and 1/3 glass of white wine. Leave for 10 mins..
- Serve cabbage roll with the tomato sauce and enjoy your vegan cabbage roll!.
Hundreds of you asked for it, so here is my version. Vegan Cabbage RollsVegan in the Freezer. "This simple vegan cabbage soup is perfect for a detox diet. Combine cabbage, vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and sage in a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)). Unstuffed cabbage rolls made with ground beef, cabbage, and diced tomatoes are a family-pleasing main dish Nutritional Information. Cabbage Roll Casserole combines layers of meat sauce, rice and cabbage all topped with cheese and baked in the oven!