Beef and Udon Stir-fry.
You can cook Beef and Udon Stir-fry using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef and Udon Stir-fry
- It’s 1 lb of beef sirloin, cut into 1/4 inch strips.
- You need 4 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of mirin.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of rice wine vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of honey.
- It’s 2 tsp of toasted sesame oil.
- It’s 1 package of (about 7 oz) precooked udon noodles.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of thumb-sized nub ginger, peeled and choped.
- It’s 1 of shallot chopped.
- You need 3 of green onions, chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of water chestnuts, chopped.
- You need 1 handful of cilantro, leaves and stems chopped separately.
Beef and Udon Stir-fry step by step
- In a mixing bowl, combine the beef with the soy sauce, mirin vinegar, honey and sesame oil. Cover and let marinate for 30 minutes..
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a small pot. Drop in the udon and simmer for 3 minutes or until the noodles separate on their own. Drain and rinse the noodles with cold water, then set them aside..
- Add a splash of peanut oil to a large nonstick pan on high heat. Add the beef (but not the marinade) and let fry 1 minute until brown. Add the garlic, ginger and shallot and fry another 1 minute until fragrant..
- Add the green onions, water chestnuts, chopped cilantro stems and udon to the pan. Pour in the marinade and add several grinds of black pepper. Stir together and let fry for 5 minutes. Toss with the chopped cilantro leaves before serving..