TL's Traditional Corned Beef and Cabbage.
You can have TL's Traditional Corned Beef and Cabbage using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of TL's Traditional Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Prepare of head cabbage.
- Prepare of peeled and cubed potatoes.
- Prepare of cleaned and chunked carrots.
- You need of canned corned beef or if you prefer brisket use that instead.
- Prepare of beef bullion cubes.
- You need of sea salt.
- It’s of ground black pepper.
- It’s of unsalted butter.
- You need of water.
TL's Traditional Corned Beef and Cabbage instructions
- Cut cabbage in half and remove the stem and place in big pot. Fill pot with water to 3/4 full. Add salt, pepper, butter and beef bullion cubes. Let cook on med heat for half hour..
- Add potatoes and carrots at this point and continue to cook on simmer for about another 2 hours or until vegetables are tender..
- Slice your canned corned beef and lay on top of the cabbage in pan about ten min before serving. You don't want to over cook the canned beef or it turns to mush. If using brisket prepare it before hand and cut and lay already cooked slices on top..
- Enjoy :).