Grilled Tri-tip. Tri-tip, a flavorful and fairly lean boneless cut of beef from the bottom sirloin, is also called 'triangular' roast because of its shape. This grilled tri-tip recipe tastes gourmet, but is actually very easy to make. It's a perfect dinner for guests.
It is relatively inexpensive, has great flavor, and grills easily. Tri-tip is a lean cut of steak with a mild beef flavor and tapered shape. Grilling tri tip is a fairly easy process when all is said and done. You can cook Grilled Tri-tip using 3 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grilled Tri-tip
- You need 1 of -Tri-tip.
- It’s of Sucklebusters SPG (salt,pepper,garlic).
- It’s of Sucklebusters 2 pig mafia steak seasoning.
All it takes is keeping an eye on the steaks and monitoring the internal temperature of the meat for doneness. Before putting your tri tip cut on the grill, make sure to let it come to room temperature. This step helps ensure the steak cooks evenly and. Tri tip is amazingly delicious and can be grilled or smoked.
Grilled Tri-tip step by step
- Set grill to 225-250° and let heat up. If using charcoal or gas, set temp to medium.
- Cook indirect until internal temperature to 110-128.
- Take Tri-tip off grill and crank heat to 500+°. If using charcoal grill, you may need to add more at this point. Gas grill set to high..
- Once grill is at temp, place Tri-tip back on grill and sear for 2-4 minutes until desired internal temp is reached. 135° for rare/medium rare.
- Slice tri-tip against the grain, noting the grain switches on the smaller triangular portion. Slice the thickness of a pencil.
I like to go low and slow when I smoke my tri tip (check out my recipe for Smoked Tri Tip here!). Grilling tri tip using two-zone grilling results in that perfect, juicy interior, and a gorgeous crust on the exterior. To oven-roast a tri-tip, prepare meat with rub and refrigerate as instructed. On stovetop, heat on high until pan is very hot, then add tri-tip, fat side down. Grilled Tri-Tip Roast sliced with grilled baby leeks.