Spicy Sour Gochujang Tofu Soup. Home » Korean Soup and Stew » Sundubu Jjigae (Korean Spicy Soft Tofu Stew). It's loaded with delicious seafood and the soup is very refreshing! Today I want to share a popular Korean I haven't come across a sundubu jjigae recipe that uses gochujang in it.
The Korean Tofu Soon Soup is my inspiration here. I'm not really sure why I call it "soupy" I described that to a friend once and he made fun of me… I mean yes it's just soup. But Asian soups are my comfort food. You can have Spicy Sour Gochujang Tofu Soup using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy Sour Gochujang Tofu Soup
- Prepare 1 of packed tofu (firm or silky).
- Prepare 1/4 slice of onion (thinly sliced).
- You need 1 tbsp of gochujang paste (you can find it in any Asian store or Smith’s store).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ginger powder (you can use the fresh ginger slices).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder (you can reply with minced garlic).
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of mushrooms powder (optional).
- It’s 1 tsp of cayenne powder(optional, you can skipped if you don’t like spicy).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need Squeezes of lemon or 1 tbsp lemon juice (optional).
- It’s 4 cup of water (veggies or non veggies broth).
- You need of Green onion for garnish.
- You need of Sesame oil.
- You need of Oil.
The spicy and tangy broth is full of colorful vegetables and tender cubes of tofu. The sourness of the hot and sour soup comes from vinegar. The sour flavor helps keep this soup light, even though hot soup usually sits heavy on the stomach. Tofu that doesn't taste like cardboard. delicious food is easy made yo.
Spicy Sour Gochujang Tofu Soup instructions
- Using a pan heat up little oil, then sauted the onion..
- Add ginger, garlic, black pepper, gochujang paste, paprika, mushrooms powder, cayennes pepper and water..
- Let them boil and simmer until the gochujang is dissolved..
- Add tofu, soy sauce and salt to taste. Cook for another 3-4 minutes. Lastly add a few drops of sesame oil and lemon juice, then turn off the heat and serve. Don’t forget to sprinkle green onion as a garnish. Enjoy!.
I hate this description box thing because I never know what to write. Spicy soft tofu stew with kimchi and pork belly. This Korean kimchi tofu soup recipe creates a spicy broth that infuses custardy tofu with complex flavors and spices. Add spoonfuls to soups, marinades, and salad dressings for a spicy kick. Game plan: You'll need to make white or brown rice before you begin.