Brad's teryaki steak and salmon pinwheels. Remove from oven and tent with the foil. See great recipes for Brad's teryaki steak and salmon pinwheels too! See great recipes for Brad's steamed mussels & clams w/ chorizo, lemon & sherry too!
The hot sauce doesn't make these spicy at all, but adds a nice tang. Brad's teryaki steak and salmon pinwheels. I set servings to two people, but you may have enough for four as my idea of portioning is very different to other people's. You can have Brad's teryaki steak and salmon pinwheels using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad's teryaki steak and salmon pinwheels
- It’s 2 lbs of London broil.
- You need 1 lb of fresh king salmon fillet.
- You need of Sea salt, white pepper, garlic powder, Chinese 5 spice.
- Prepare of Kikkoman teryaki glaze. The thick stuff.
- Prepare 1 of LG shallot, sliced thin.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of cream sherry, divided.
- It’s 1 tsp of minced garlic, and brown sugar.
- You need 1 tbs of seasoned rice vinegar.
- You need 1 tbs of hoisin sauce.
- It’s 1 tbs of black bean sauce.
Use beef or calf (tenderized or not) flank steak. Lay steak on chopping block and sprinkle with minced onion, optional parsley flakes and pepper. Check out my recipe for New Orleans style salmon with pineapple shrimp fried rice! Easy dinner recipe with basic ingredients you can find in your house.
Brad's teryaki steak and salmon pinwheels instructions
- The London broil should be about an inch thick. Fillet in half to make two pieces about 1/2 inch thick. Place pieces in a zip lock bag and remove air. Beat with a mallet until meat is tenderized and less than 1/4 inch thick. Lay pieces out on a cutting board. Overlap just a little bit. Sprinkle with all of the spices well. Evenly spread hoisin and black bean sauce over meat..
- Place fish on a cutting board. Remove all bones and skin. Fillet into 1/4 inch thick pieces..
- Lay fish over beef..
- Carefully roll everything up. Tie well with butchers twine..
- Heat a dry pan on medium heat. Sear beef roll on all sides. Sprinkle with more seasonings on each side as you flip meat. When evenly seared, transfer to a baking dish. Add 1/2 cup sherry to the pan. Deglaze. Let reduce by half. Spoon over meat. Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 425 for 20 minutes..
- Meanwhile, add a touch of oil to another frying pan. Heat on medium low. Add shallots. Saute until they just start to brown. Add garlic and brown sugar. Saute 3 more minutes. Add remaining 1/4 cup of sherry and vinegar. Saute until liquid is gone. Set aside..
- When steak roll cooks 20 minutes, remove foil. Baste with teryaki glaze. Return to oven for 5 minutes uncovered. Repeat a second time..
- Remove from oven and tent with the foil. Let rest 10 minutes..
- Remove twine and slice into 1 inch slices. Arrange on a plate. Spoon the pan liquor over the top. Garnish with carmelized shallots. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
The best side dishes for salmon should be simple enough to make while the salmon cooks, and deliver plenty of flavor without outshining or overpowering the beautiful fish. An easy, healthy appetizer or snack! Place steak in a shallow dish. Pour half of the marinade over steak; turn to coat. By Teri Tsang Barrett Save Pin.