Frito pie. Stir in seasoning mix and water. In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Frito Chili Pie My good, basic chili recipe and one of my favorite ways to use it!
Frito pie is a dish popular in the Midwestern and Southwestern United States, whose basic ingredients are chili, cheese, and corn chips (especially Fritos). Additions can include cream cheese, salsa, refried beans, sour cream, onion, rice, or jalapeños. There are many variations and alternative names used by region. You can cook Frito pie using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Frito pie
- Prepare 1 of big bag chilli cheese Fritos.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef or ground venison.
- Prepare 1 packet of taco seasoning.
- Prepare 2 of large tomatoes, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 head of lettuce diced.
- You need 1-8 ounce of bag shredded taco blend cheese.
- You need of Optional: sour cream,pico,salsa, guacamole (my Walmart sells guacamole salsa already made which is what I used).
Frito pie can be prepared in a casserole dish, but an alternate preparation can. Here are three of my favorite ways to make Frito pie. I also used my homemade Texas Style chili recipe that makes it even better. You can use any toppings your like and even create a "Frito Bar.
Frito pie instructions
- Cook the ground beef and drain. Season with taco seasoning..
- Now layer it ! Fritos, meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato then whatever sauces or toppings! Have fun and make it a “Frito bar” on the table and let everyone gather around and make their own!.
This was a real favorite when I was a kid (yes, they had Fritos back then), and it still is. With the Frito-Lay Company being based in Dallas, this dish is about as Texan as you can get. Assemble by heating chili until warm either in a pot on the stove or in a microwave. Place corn chips in a bowl, pour over chili then top with the cheese, and onions if desired. Frito pie is a classic Texas recipe that's found at nearly every high football concession stand as well as in many high end restaurants.