Asian Slaw with Spicy Thai Vinaigrette. A delicious spicy slaw adapted from a recipe courtesy of Joe's Farm Grill in Gilbert, Arizona. this is a burger joint that grows most of the food they use and has awesome food! Adapted from Guy Fieri's cookbook, "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. Guy says the slaw is most amazing!
Found the vinaigrette recipe on food.com. And I had to go back to the old childhood way of choosing my cuisine… do inni mine mini mo!! Yesterday I listed out one yummy Thai Noodles with… Whisk the ingredients for the vinaigrette together. You can cook Asian Slaw with Spicy Thai Vinaigrette using 25 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Asian Slaw with Spicy Thai Vinaigrette
- Prepare 1 of (SALAD).
- You need 3 cup of Finely shredded Savoy cabbage.
- You need 3 cup of Finely shredded red cabbage.
- You need 2 cup of carrots julienne (matchsticks).
- It’s 2 of Stems green onion, finely sliced (diagonally).
- It’s 1 cup of Snow peas, finely sliced (diagonally).
- It’s 1 of Telegraph cucumber, seeded and finely sliced (diagonally).
- You need 100 grams of Bean sprouts.
- It’s 1 of Long red chilli, finely sliced.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Raw peanuts, toasted.
- You need 2 tbsp of Sesame seeds, toasted.
- It’s 1 of (DRESSING).
- It’s 1/3 cup of Rice wine vinegar.
- You need 2 tsp of Fresh lime juice.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Sweet chilli sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Fresh chopped mint.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Fresh chopped basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Minced garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of Minced ginger.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Honey.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Sea salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Cracked black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Ground coriander.
- You need 1/2 cup of Peanut oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sesame oil.
Mix the vegetables in a large bowl and add salt and pepper as per taste preferences. Pour in the vinaigrette and toss the slaw. I know the list of ingredients looks long but please don't let that discourage you. The great thing about the recipe is that it makes use of all the prepared vegetables available at the supermarket today, like shredded coleslaw, grated.
Asian Slaw with Spicy Thai Vinaigrette instructions
- Shred cabbage and julienne carrots as per ingredients list states..
- Slice green onion and snow peas..
- Basically- prep veggies as stated in ingredients list and throw together in a large salad bowl. The sesame seeds and peanuts need to be toasted in a dry fry pan before adding to salad..
- Now throw all dressing ingredients into a separate bowl, mix well with a fork and pour over salad. Mix well, garnish (if you like) with sliced chilli- lime wedges and mint leaves. Serves about 1000 sides..
- Great flavours, really very healthy. Go well as a side with chicken or pork. Give it a go kids- you'll love it!.
Crisp cabbage salads/slaws are the best! I've always loved coleslaw, and this is basically a Thai spin on American coleslaw. Yes, it tastes entirely different but in such a good way! I'll eat just about anything when it's covered in a Thai peanut sauce. Quick mid-week dinners don't have to be boring.