Easy Roasted Jalapeño Poppers with Thai Sweet Chili Sauce.
You can have Easy Roasted Jalapeño Poppers with Thai Sweet Chili Sauce using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Roasted Jalapeño Poppers with Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- It’s 5-7 of jalapeños, cut in half vertically and deveined and deseeded.
- It’s 4 oz. of (1/2 a brick) cream cheese, brought to room temp.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded cheese – Jack, Pepper Jack, Colby Jack would all work.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 3-4 sprigs of chopped cilantro for the cream cheese mix.
- It’s of optional: 3/4 sprigs chopped cilantro for garnish.
- You need of optional: a 1-inch wide strip of red bell pepper, minced, for garnish.
- You need of optional: 1/2 teaspoon oil for the garnish.
- Prepare 1/4-1/3 cup of Thai Sweet Chili Sauce (I use Mae Ploy brand) for drizzling and/or dipping.
Easy Roasted Jalapeño Poppers with Thai Sweet Chili Sauce instructions
- Preheat oven to 400F..
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix cream cheese, cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, and chopped cilantro and mix with fork until thoroughly incorporated..
- Fill jalapeño halves with filling. I like a good pepper to filling ratio, so I mostly just fill it level, but you can add a little more if you like..
- Mix the garnish cilantro and red bell pepper with the oil and sprinkle over the poppers..
- Put poppers on a baking sheet or baking dish and roast for 30 to 45 minutes depending on the size of the peppers and how soft you like them. I like my roasted peppers cooked completely through to really bring out the roasted flavor and sweetness. About 25 minutes into roasting, you might like to tent the poppers with foil if you don't want the filling to brown anymore (or burn)..
- Transfer to a plate or platter and serve with Thai Sweet Chili Sauce either drizzled atop or on the side for dipping..
- Enjoy! :).