Fried Zucchini (Vegan). One thing that I love about summer is the zucchini. Our garden is typically overflowing with zucchini. I don't know if it's an easy vegetable to grow or not, but I've never run into any issues of not have plenty to eat!
Remove your gorgeous and delicious vegan oven fried parmesan zucchini crisps from the oven and eat this yummy appetizer immediately. Here's an easy way to make breaded and baked zucchini chips without dairy or eggs—completely vegan. In this recipe, you can use regular bread crumbs, or, if you prefer something a little bit lighter, try using panko bread crumbs instead. You can cook Fried Zucchini (Vegan) using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fried Zucchini (Vegan)
- You need 2 of medium zucchini, thickly sliced.
- It’s of White sesame seeds (optional).
- You need of Olive oil.
- It’s of Batter:.
- You need 1 cup of AP flour.
- It’s 3 tbsp of chickpea flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of water.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s Pinch of black salt/kala namak (optional).
- You need of (to taste) paprika and cumin.
- Prepare of (to taste) onion and garlic powder, chili flakes, dried oregano.
Note that these breaded zucchini chips can be either baked in the oven or lightly pan-fried in a bit of oil—it's up to you and how healthy you want them. If you've ever been to a Greek tavern then you probably have seen these fried zucchini chips on the menu. Zucchini chips is a very popular appetizer and goes amazingly well with a glass of chilled white wine or ouzo. There are a few different recipes for these chips, but after many tries, I can say that this recipe produces the crunchiest chips ever, due to a simple trick you're going to.
Fried Zucchini (Vegan) step by step
- Combine all batter ingredients..
- Coat all zucchini slices generously in the thick batter. Sprinkle sesame seeds on each slice..
- Heat some olive oil in a pan. Fry battered zucchini on both sides until golden brown..
- Fry zucchini in batches then set aside on a plate covered with a paper towel to soak up excess oil. Serve immediately. Enjoy :).
Making baked zucchini fries is a wonderful way to use up surplus zucchini. Well, these crispy zucchini fries are super healthy, low in carb, calories and they are delicious served with marinara sauce or avocado mayo. It is best to buy organic zucchini because some zucchini are genetically modified. Turn zucchini slices in flour, dusting off excess. Dip in egg and turn in bread crumbs.