Chicken Riesling. Chicken Riesling Chicken Breast, Mushrooms, Bacon, Onions and Garlic in a White Wine Riesling Cream Sauce w. Truffle-Honey Chicken Fried Chicken Breast with Truffle-Honey, Asparagus and Mashed Potatoes. Chicken Parmesan "Pizza Style" Chopped Chicken Breast Coated with Breadcrumbs, Covered with Marinara Sauce and Lots of Me.
Transfer the breasts to a large plate and cover with foil. Add Cognac and carefully ignite it with a long match. The chicken stew here does have an authentic origin, but I have lightened it a little by dispensing with the cream that would be added luxuriously in its country of origin And you can cheerfully use a dry or semi-dry from anywhere in the world I have nothing against the regular coq au vin, but I might actually prefer this sprightlier version Deeply savoury and delicious, Nigel Slater's Coq au Riesling will quickly become a favorite quickly. You can have Chicken Riesling using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Riesling
- It’s 2-3 of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts.
- Prepare of Butter (as needed).
- It’s 1/2 of Onion.
- It’s 1 cup of Riesling Wine.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Heavy Cream (may substitute milk).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Flour.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- You need 1/2 (1 Box) of Fettuccine.
- It’s of Add-ons if Desired.
- You need 4 Strips of Bacon.
- Prepare of Sauteed Bell Peppers.
- It’s of Sauteed Mushrooms.
- You need 3 Cloves of Garlic.
Chicken cooked with white wine, cream and mushrooms. For my birthday a week or so ago, I was spoiled with something I have wanted for a very, VERY long time. In a skillet large enough to hold the chicken, heat butter or oil over medium heat for a minute or so. Arrange the chicken pieces on a serving platter, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and spoon the pearl onions and mushrooms overtop.
Chicken Riesling instructions
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pat dry the chicken with a towel and season with salt and pepper. Add chicken and onion, cooking for about 6 minutes on the first side and 4 minutes on the reverse side. Stir onion throughout as to not burn the onion..
- Add Riesling, cover and simmer on low until the chicken breasts reach 165 internal temperature (about 25 minutes). Remove breasts to plate and cover with foil..
- While simmering, prepare the desired add-ons separately. Chef's note: Use the drained bacon grease to saute the garlic..
- In a separate pot, cook the fettuccine. If desired, cut the cook time for the fettuccine short and add the pasta to the sauce to finish cooking..
- In a bowl, blend flour and remaining tablespoon of butter. Stir until doughy..
- Add the cream into the skillet with the sauce and bring to a simmer..
- Gradually add the flour paste to the sauce and whisk until smooth. After simmering for 3 minutes, return the chicken and pasta to the skillet along with the prepared add-ons and serve..
To finish the sauce, stir the heavy cream into the thickened sauce and season with salt and pepper. To serve, pour the sauce over the chicken and garnish with parsley. Serve with spätzle or egg noodles. Rinse the chicken pieces and pat dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper, then rub with the olive oil.