Clam pasta with garlic & wine. The sweet clams are steamed in a light broth of fresh tomatoes, onion, garlic, and white wine and served with spaghetti or linguine pasta. The ingredients in this dish are few and simple as the clams give it most of its delicious flavor. Sauté gently, reducing heat if necessary so garlic does not brown.
Add the minced garlic and crushed red pepper and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is lightly browned. Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. In a saute pan over medium heat, add crushed garlic and then add the garlic butter and wine. You can cook Clam pasta with garlic & wine using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Clam pasta with garlic & wine
- You need of Garlic cloves & white onions diced.
- Prepare of Parsley finely chopped.
- You need of Lemon zest.
- It’s of Lemon juice.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- Prepare of teaspoons Butter.
- It’s of Pasta.
- It’s of White wine you drink to love.
Add peas and warm through, then turn off heat. Boil pasta and cook until slightly underdone. Drain pasta and add to pan with clams. A very quick and easy crowd pleaser!
Clam pasta with garlic & wine instructions
- Prep all ingredients in advance.
- Heat pan to medium high, olive oil, garlic & onion to sweat it out while pasta is a couple of minutes from done.
- Place a couple or three handful of clams (proportionally according to your liking). Turn to high heat then pour in the wine while you take a sip:). Put on the cover and let it come to boil.
- In goes the butter, lemon zest, parsley.
- Either mix in the pasta or pour the clams & goodness over a bed of pasta.
- No salt needed.
Spaghetti tossed with clams, garlic, parsley, and Parmesan. The kids will love it, adults too! I like to serve with a crisp white wine, a tossed green salad, and garlic bread. Heat oil and butter on medium heat and saute onion and garlic until soft and tender, not brown. Pour in wine, lemon rind, lemon juice and reserved clam juice.