Chorizo Goulash, American Style. Great recipe for Chorizo Goulash, American Style. A childhood dish we ate oftentimes. American Goulash is an easy, one-pot, classic comfort food made with ground beef, tomatoes, and macaroni noodles.
I've never had a goulash taste quite like this recipe which makes it so special and so good! What makes my Granny's goulash recipe so tasty and gives it that unique flavor is a few cans of tomato soup mixed into the sauce. I looked through all, many similar, but mine enough different I decided it warranted being submitted separately. You can have Chorizo Goulash, American Style using 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chorizo Goulash, American Style
- It’s of Pasta.
- Prepare 1 pound of elbow macaroni pasta.
- Prepare 4 quarts of water.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of extra Virgin olive oil.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- It’s 30 ounces of tomato sauce.
- It’s 15 ounce of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of oregano.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of basil.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- You need To taste of salt.
- It’s of Ground beef.
- You need 2 pounds of ground chuck.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion diced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped parsley flakes.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need of Chorizo.
- Prepare 1/3 pound of mild Chorizo sausage.
My granddaughter wrote and asked for the recipe – what recipe? – so I wrote back and told her how I usually made it. But it's a little different now. This traditional ground beef goulash recipe from Paula Deen is an easy to make main dish. Ingredients include ground beef, elbow macaroni and fire roasted tomatoes.
Chorizo Goulash, American Style step by step
- Boil the water with salt and olive oil. Add the pasta and cook till done per instructions on package. Drain..
- Brown the beef with the onions add the spices. Break the beef up to get the beef to be all throughout the goulash..
- Set aside when done..
- Make the sauce. Adjust flavors to your liking..
- Cook the Chorizo.
- Mash it up well as its cooking.
- Add the beef to the sausage..
- Add the sauce to the meat..
- Mix the pasta with the meat sauce..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!.
What I love most about this recipe is just how simple it is. As much as I enjoy cooking, I still don't want to spend all my time in the kitchen. This is a meal that I can prep on Sunday and feed the family for multiple meals. American goulash is made with a tomato baste, ground beef, and elbow macaroni. Thicken the sauce: I personally prefer a nice thick goulash so I usually let the meat sauce boil down for a little bit before adding the macaroni.