Chef Zee's pernil dominicano (pork shoulder).
You can have Chef Zee's pernil dominicano (pork shoulder) using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chef Zee's pernil dominicano (pork shoulder)
- You need 1 1/2-2 heads of garlic.
- It’s 1 tbs of oregano.
- Prepare 4-7 lb of pernil.
- Prepare 1/2 of salt..if you have a 7lb pork use 3.5 tbs salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1 of red onion.
- It’s 1 of chicken bouillon cube.
- Prepare 1 of orange.
- Prepare 1 1/2 of limes.
- You need 1/4 c of olive oil.
- Prepare 3-4 c of water.
- It’s 1/4 c of white vinegar.
Chef Zee's pernil dominicano (pork shoulder) step by step
- Poke holes all over pork using "X" motion. Place in large mixing bowl with 1 c water & vinegar. Massage vinegar and water into pork & let sit 5-10 min. Marinade: combine garlic, oregano, salt, bouillon cube, cumin, onion, black pepper, thyme in a blender or food processor & blend..
- Drain pernil. Season pork usung marinade. Massage marinade into pork. I would use gloves. Cover & let marinade over night..
- In a large pot, place pork skin side up. Add 1-2 cup of water & add marinade from bowl. Let boil 45-55 min. Switch pork to a baking pan. Let cook covered at 350 for 3hrs. Baste pork every hour. Take out 50% of juices (you can use for rice) and let roast uncovered for 1 hour. Broil for 5-7 minutes for crispy skin..