Minestrone Soup. Minestrone soup is an Italian classic! This version is made with cannellini beans, chicken stock, cabbage, potato, zucchini, carrots, plum tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese. This lentil soup is easy to make and tastes incredible!
Minestrone Soup Variations Swap the spinach for Swiss chard or baby kale. Instant Pot Minestrone Soup is the perfect hearty meal to warm you up. This easy homemade recipe tastes just like the classic Olive Garden minestrone soup. You can have Minestrone Soup using 20 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Minestrone Soup
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- You need 2 of large carrots, peeled and diced.
- You need 2 stalks of celery, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/4 cup (2 oz.) of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of each oregano, dried basil.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of ground thyme.
- It’s 1 can (28 oz.) of fire roasted crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 4 cups of unsalted vegetable broth.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of pepper.
- Prepare 2 of small potatoes, scrubbed and diced.
- Prepare 1 of zucchini, diced.
- You need 1 of yellow squash, diced.
- It’s 1 can (15 oz.) of unsalted cannellini beans, drained and rinsed.
- You need 1 cup of ditalini pasta (or other small shape).
- You need 2 of heaping cups spinach, roughly chopped.
The minestrone soup I've been serving for years began as Ina Garten's Winter Minestrone soup, but since I can't help but tinker with a recipe, it has since morphed into my own. I often skip the pancetta. абхазская австралийская австрийская авторская адыгейская азербайджанская азиатская алжирская американская английская арабская аргентинская армянская африканская баварская. This healthy and quick Minestrone Soup is the best! I have been so excited to share my Minestrone Soup recipe with you all.
Minestrone Soup instructions
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the olive oil and the butter. Once it's hot and the butter has melted, stir in the onions, celery and carrot with a big pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally until they have begun to soften up, about 3-5 minutes. Then stir in the tomato paste, garlic, oregano, thyme and basil. Cook about 2-3 minutes more, stirring pretty often..
- Pour a bit of the broth in and deglaze the pan. Then the rest with the crushed tomatoes and bay leaves. Increase the heat to med-high and let this come up to a simmer. Once its simmering, stir in the beans, potatoes, zucchini and yellow squash along with the salt and pepper. Let this all simmer together until the veggies are all tender. Last, take out the bay leaves and stir in the chopped spinach and let it wilt down. Taste and add more salt, pepper, etc until you're happy with the flavor..
- While the soup is coming to a simmer, heat a separate pot of salted water over high heat. Once its boiling, cook the ditalini pasta according to package directions, then drain and set it aside until the soup is done..
- To serve, you can stir the cooked pasta into the soup, or if you're going to have a lot of leftovers, you can just keep them separate and add the pasta to individual bowls and pour the soup over top of it… that way the pasta won't absorb all the liquid..
It is a fast and healthy version made with zucchini and fresh basil. This minestrone soup recipe is special to me because it's one of the few dinners my entire family loves. And I can feel good about serving it because it's full of nutrition and low in fat. This Minestrone Soup is a nutritious vegetable soup with fresh veggies, light tomato broth, Italian seasoning, and short cut pasta. It has classic flavors of an Italian Minestrone for its relatively short.