Slow Cooker Bratwurst and Cabbage. Add Sweet Italian Sausage links and vegetables (potatoes, cabbage, carrots and onion!) into your slow cooker for a delicious comfort meal! The leaves are changing, I need to wear a jacket in the morning, I prefer my coffee hot now. Cut cabbage in half through the core.
An easy dinner to throw in the slow cooker. We prefer to brown the bratwurst before adding them to the slow cooker. Serve with a hearty rye bread. You can cook Slow Cooker Bratwurst and Cabbage using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Bratwurst and Cabbage
- Prepare 1 lb of brawurst.
- It’s 1 half of green cabbage, cleaned and chopped.
- You need 1-2 cups of carrots, diced.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 12 oz of apple cider.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
We have made several dishes, such as German meatballs. How to Make Slow Cooker Sausage, Potato and Cabbage: Add vegetables and sausage to slow cooker. In separate bowl mix chicken broth, garlic powder, onion powder, vinegar and mustard. Want more quick and easy slow cooker recipes?
Slow Cooker Bratwurst and Cabbage instructions
- In the broiler, cook the bratwurst for 6-8 minutes per side. Remove from the oven, allow to cool, then quarter each link. Set to the side..
- Put half of the cabbage into the slow cooker, add half of the carrots, then half of the sausages. Sprinkle half of the ground black pepper over the mixture. Place the rest of the cabbage, carrots, sausages and pepper, then the two bay leaves into the slow cooker..
- Pour the apple cider and apple cider vinegar into the slow cooker. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours..
- After 4 hours, remove the lid to stir. Replace the lid, then cook for the rest of the 4 hours..
Brown sausage and cut into bite-size pieces. Combine with cabbage and onion in the crock pot. Crock pots/slow cookers all heat differently. There is no standard among manufacturers. Add cabbage and beet to skillet; season with salt and pepper.