Candy Bacon. There are a few tricks to making candied bacon at home. First, you have to bake it. Trying to candy bacon in a skillet is just going to lead to a mess, and the bacon won't stay in perfect strips.
This is a really easy breakfast item because you can put it in the oven, set the timer and forget about it while you make everything else and pull it. I did everything that was listed in the recipe, and the results were worth it. Candied bacon is bacon that has been caramelized and is crispy but still sweet. You can have Candy Bacon using 4 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Candy Bacon
- You need 10 slices of thick bacon.
- It’s of Brown sugar.
- You need of Dijon mustard.
- You need of Optional jelly's.
The bacon is covered in sugary deliciousness and put in the oven until it's baked thorough. It taste amazing and is perfect for not only a bridal shower, but also an amazing snack, served with breakfast or crumbled up on your favorite salad. Bacon – Thick sliced bacon works best for this recipe but since every slice is not cut equally you may have to adjust the cooking time accordingly. Thin sliced bacon will burn before the sugar has a chance to caramelize.
Candy Bacon instructions
- Turn oven to broil. Spread dijon mustard on both sides of bacon. Place brown sugar on plate and lay bacon on sugar. Turn over so brown sugar is on both sides. Optional, I also spread some jalapeño jelly on after the mustard on some pieces then brown sugar. (You could probably do any jelly you like). Place on a wire over pan or on wax paper in pan..
- Place in oven. Cook till bacon is crispy. Enjoy.
Sugar – Brown sugar works best because it has a great caramel flavor when cooked. You can use granulated white sugar but the flavor won't. Arrange the bacon strips on the foil and coat the tops with the chile sugar. Transfer the bacon to a rack set over a sheet of foil to. You absolutely must try Candied Bacon.