Tuna melt stuffed portobellos. Remove the mushrooms from the oven. Divide tuna mixture among mushrooms, and spread evenly in caps. In my opinion, seeing is believing.
Portobello Tuna Melts are a healthier version of the old-school tuna melts you may know. This healthy tuna recipe features a no-mayo tuna salad and a portobello mushroom cap as a base, instead of bread. Tuna Melts were one of those meals I had a lot as a child. You can have Tuna melt stuffed portobellos using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tuna melt stuffed portobellos
- It’s 2 cans of flaked light tuna, drained.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of colored bell pepper, diced (I used yellow).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of celery, diced.
- You need 1/2 cup of mustard leafs, finely chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of mayo (I used Hellmann's).
- You need 1 teaspoon of Old Bay seasonning.
- It’s to taste of Fresh groung black pepper.
- You need 4 of portobello heads, emptied.
- It’s 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded.
- You need 1 tablespoon of breadcrumbs.
They were inexpensive, easy, and my siblings and I gobbled them up. Remove and discard stems from mushrooms. Place caps on a greased baking sheet. Stuff with tuna salad; top with cheese.
Tuna melt stuffed portobellos instructions
- In a bowl, mix together seven first ingredients..
- Lay portobello heads on a foiled cookie sheet and fill in the portobello heads with tuna mix..
- Cover with cheese and sprinkle with breadcrumbs..
- Cook in pre-heated oven at 400° for 20 minutes..
- Cook at broil a couple of minutes till top is golden brown and crispy..
- Serve with a green salade and/or french fries..
Place tuna mixture inside mushroom caps. Great recipe for Tuna melt stuffed portobellos. Tastes like crab cakes!! 😄😄 You can use any type of greens instead of mustard leafs (kale, spinach, etc) and any type of cheese you like. In a medium bowl, combine tuna, mayonnaise, Italian dressing, and relish; mix well. In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes (if using).