French onion soup Instant Pot IP. Learn How To Make Delicious French Onion Soup That Is Packed With Flavor. When It's Cold Outside, Nothing is Better Than A Bowl Of French Onion Soup! Make life easier with Instant Pot, the programmable pressure & multi cooker.
Instant Pot French Onion Soup is simple, tasty, and impressive! Way back in high school, my favorite class was French. I took four years of French classes. You can have French onion soup Instant Pot IP using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of French onion soup Instant Pot IP
- Prepare 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- You need 2 of yellow onions chopped.
- It’s 2 of red onions chopped.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 2 cups of white wine.
- You need 4 cups of beef broth.
- It’s 4 of thyme sprigs.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 TSP of kosher salt.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves minced (garlic lovers 8 cloves).
- You need 1 of baguette loaf.
- Prepare 4-6 slices of provolone cheese.
- You need of Garnishes.
- It’s of Kosher Salt.
- It’s of Fresh ground pepper.
- It’s of Fresh parsley.
To this day, oh so many years later, there are some French words and phrases that just stick with me. One fun part of this class was being a member of the French Club. French onion soup is a comforting lunch or dinner soup. It's the perfect soup for a cold, snowy or rainy day, or serve it as a dinner party first course or appetizer.
French onion soup Instant Pot IP instructions
- Melt butter in pressure cooker over medium saute setting..
- Add onions and baking soda until onions soften slightly and start to release liquid. Around 3 minutes..
- Seal pressure cooker and cook at high pressure for 20 minutes. No need to add liquid. The onions will release all the liquid needed. When finished quick release the pressure. Remove lid..
- Drain liquid then on high/more saute setting, continue to stir the onions till all the onions are sticky and brown..
- Add broth, white wine, salt, and garlic stirring and scraping bottom of the pot to remove any bits that may be stuck to bottom of the pot. Add thyme and bay leaves..
- Reseal instant pot and cook at high pressure for 10 minutes. When beeper sounds do a quick release of the pressure. Remove lid..
- Discard the bay leaves and thyme sprigs. Preheat oven to broil. Cut the baguette into 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces…
- Ladle soup into oven safe bowls leaving room for the baguette on top. Add pieces of baguette (2 or 3) on top of soup. Cover with a slice of provolone cheese..
- Place bowl in oven and cook with oven door cracked until cheese is melted..
- Remove from oven. sprinkle salt, pepper, and parsley over the top..
Using the Instant Pot, the onions are caramelized quickly and require very little hands-on attention. A French onion soup recipe that is not only delicious, but is a time saver. Instant Pot French Onion Soup is great for those chaotic weeknights when you are in a hurry but still want a satisfying dish. Use Instant Pot French Onion Soup as a light main dish or as a great appetizer to a great entree. Let the french onion soup cool completely before storing it in airtight containers and storing it in the fridge or freezer.