Strawberry Chocolate Cookies for Valentine's Day.
You can have Strawberry Chocolate Cookies for Valentine's Day using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Strawberry Chocolate Cookies for Valentine's Day
- Prepare 45 grams of Strawberry chocolate.
- You need 100 grams of Plain flour.
- You need 30 grams of Corn starch.
- You need 50 grams of Butter.
- Prepare 1 of Egg yolk.
- You need 30 grams of Sugar.
- You need 1 of Red food coloring.
Strawberry Chocolate Cookies for Valentine's Day instructions
- Chop the chocolate finely, then melt by immersing in a bain-marie. Soften the butter in the microwave and mix with the sugar..
- Mix butter and sugar well, then add the egg yolk and mix it again. Add it all to the melted strawberry chocolate from Step 1, then add the red food coloring and mix it all together until smooth..
- Sift the flour and corn starch into Step 2 and mix it in lightly. If you feel like the dough is not stiff enough, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge to rest while keeping an eye on it..
- Prepare two sheets of parchment paper and flatten the dough thinly between with a rolling pin. For reference, place two disposable chopsticks on either side of the dough and flatten the dough to exactly the same 5 mm thickness. Cut out the cookies with a heart-shaped cookie-cutter. Because parchment paper is not glossy, the dough will not slip between the two sheets, so it's easy to roll out..
- Set the oven to 180°C and bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes (baking time varies by oven, so pay close attention to the cookies in case they need to bake longer or less than 8 minutes). If you let them bake for too long, they won't turn out pink enough..
- [Decorating] Once the cookies have cooled, you can decorate them with piped chocolate icing. That's all the decorating that I do. I haven't thought of other ideas..
- By the way, these are what the cookies will look like if you don't add any food coloring. These ones are cute too, with their soft pink color..