(Mostly Thai) Basil Simple Syrup.
You can have (Mostly Thai) Basil Simple Syrup using 3 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of (Mostly Thai) Basil Simple Syrup
- Prepare 2 cups of basil leaves (I use Thai when I have it, and sweet basil when I don't.).
- You need 2 cups of water.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
(Mostly Thai) Basil Simple Syrup step by step
- Combine all ingredients in a thoroughly clean pot (when I make syrups or jams, I like to give my already clean pots a thorough re-washing just to make sure I don't have any residual grease or savory remnants left on the surface), give them a good stir, and put the pot on medium heat, stirring occasionally until all the sugar melts and just until all the basil wilts, not longer..
- Remove basil, turn off the heat, cool the syrup completely, and store in a thoroughly cleaned and dried tightly lidded glass or plastic container in the refrigerator..
- Keeps up to a month well refrigerated..