BBQ Chicken in the Oven. Check Out Barbecue Chicken Recipe On eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color Today! Oven Roasted BBQ Chicken Thighs You don't have to have a grill to make delicious BBQ chicken!
How to Make BBQ Chicken in Oven. Taking cues from the grilled version of this recipe, the chicken gets a quick sear under the broiler to brown the skin, and then a longer roast in the oven until the chicken is completely tender. A quick marinade in the barbecue sauce before roasting helps enhance the flavor and improve the tenderness of the chicken. You can cook BBQ Chicken in the Oven using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of BBQ Chicken in the Oven
- Prepare 2 pounds of bone-in, skin-on chicken pieces.
- You need 2 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 3 cups of barbecue sauce.
- You need of Equipment.
- Prepare of Rimmed bakin-sheet.
- Prepare of Aluminum foil.
- It’s of Measuring cups and spoons.
- It’s of Brush.
- You need of Small saucepan.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. The oven has the power to quickly turn chicken pieces into crispy, slightly charred BBQ goodness for a not-boring chicken dinner any time of year. This recipe is super simple with just five ingredients (including the salt), but a shortcut changes this BBQ chicken from basic to brilliant. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
BBQ Chicken in the Oven step by step
- Heat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with foil. Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil — this will make cleanup so much easier..
- Season the chicken with salt and garlic powder. Combine the salt and garlic powder in a small bowl. Place the chicken on the baking sheet, and season all over with the garlic powder mixture..
- Roast the chicken skin-side down for 25 minutes. Arrange the chicken skin-side down in a single layer, spacing them evenly apart. Roast for 25 minutes. Meanwhile, simmer the sauce..
- Reduce the barbecue sauce by simmering on the stove. Place the barbecue sauce in a small saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer. Simmer, stirring regularly, until reduced by about half, 20 to 25 minutes..
- Increase the oven temperature to 450°F and brush with the reduced sauce. After 25 minutes, remove the chicken from the oven. Increase the oven temperature to 450°F. Brush the chicken with the reduced sauce, flip the chicken over, and brush the skin and sides with sauce..
- Roast the chicken for 10 minutes, then brush with more sauce. Return the chicken to the oven and roast for 10 minutes more. Brush the chicken all over again with the sauce..
- Roast for an additional 10 minutes until burnished and sticky. Return the chicken to the oven for one last round of roasting. Roast until the chicken is sticky and darkened in spots, about 10 minutes more..
- Serve the chicken with any remaining reduced sauce. Transfer the chicken to a serving dish and serve with any remaining sauce..
- Recipe Notes Make ahead: The sauce can be reduced, cooled, and stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Let come to room temperature before brushing on the chicken. Storage: Leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 4 days..
Remove to paper towels to drain. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. This Oven Baked BBQ Chicken is easy to make and includes a homemade no-cook barbecue sauce. What cut of chicken should I use for BBQ Chicken? The best bbq chicken is made with bone-in, skin-on chicken.