Beef and chorizo tacos. Meanwhile, for the filling, in a large skillet, heat the oil, one turn of the pan, over medium-high. Add the cumin and season with salt and pepper. Fill tacos with meat and top with lettuce, salsa and/or taco sauce, guac, pickled peppers and onions.
Garlic, paprika, cumin, and vinegar turn ground beef into near-instant Mexican-style chorizo, much leaner than the traditional pork version. Except when I have half a pack of chorizo in the fridge, because obviously chorizo tacos have to happen in this case, right? This time Jaden didn't object, so an update to my ground beef taco recipe was born. You can have Beef and chorizo tacos using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef and chorizo tacos
- It’s 1/2 lb of lean ground beef.
- Prepare 2 links of raw chorizo sausage (6 to 8oz).
- It’s 1/3 cup of white onion diced.
- It’s 1 of large poblano diced.
- It’s of Large garlic minced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro.
- It’s of Lime.
- Prepare of Hot Mexican chile powder.
- You need of Smoked paprika.
- Prepare of Cumin.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Small Idaho potato skinned and diced small (about a cup to cup and a 1/2).
Transfer meat with a slotted spoon to a large bowl; set aside. Crunchy Ground Beef and Chorizo Tacos are overflowing with delicious melted Chihuahua® Cheese inside crispy corn taco shells. Supremo® Sour Cream and Crunchy Ground Beef and Chorizo Tacos are overflowing with delicious melted Chihuahua® Cheese inside crispy corn taco shells. Supremo® Sour Cream and Queso Fresco Cheese from V&V Supremo® add to the authentic flavor of this easy to prepare dish.
Beef and chorizo tacos instructions
- Start by skinning the potatoe and dicing it. Add to a bowl and season with salt, cumin, chili powder and paprika. Add to a non stick.
- In a non stick pan heat some evo in your and add the onions and poblano. Sauté for around 10 minutes or until the onions start to brown. Add the garlic and sauté for a few minutes until fragrant..
- Add the potatoes and turn the heat up to about medium high and cook until they are crispy and set aside..
- In a separate pan add the meat and cook through. Season with cumin, paprika, chili powder and a couple punches of salt. Once the seasoning have toasted with the meat add the potatoe mixture in with about a 1/2 cup of water and simmer until thickened.
- Add the cilantro and pull off the heat. Serve on flour street tacos with some pepper jack cheese, homemade pico and a touch of sour cream..
Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Crumble the chorizo and add to the hot oil. Stir occasionally to get an even cooking. Arrange hard shell tacos on baking sheet and add some cheese to each taco; toast shells to light golden and until cheese has melted. Each person gets three filling tacos for a satisfying meal full of fresh veggie crunch.