Miso-glazed Cod. The lighter, or "white," version is milder and less salty than brown miso, and is sometimes referred to as sweet miso. It can be found in the Asian section of some supermarkets and most health-food stores. Here's one more: a classic Japanese recipe for black cod that makes an easy, elegant dinner for guests or a quick main dish you can prep over the weekend.
In addition to a taste and texture to die for, this is one of the easiest fish recipes of all time. A couple minutes to make the sauce, some brushing, a short wait, and you're broiling. By the way, I don't like to cook both sides. You can cook Miso-glazed Cod using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Miso-glazed Cod
- Prepare 1 tbsp of white miso.
- It’s 2 tbsp of white wine or sake.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of green onion; chopped.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves; minced.
- Prepare 1 of heaping tbsp brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter.
- It’s 1 pinch of cayenne or red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 of cod filet.
Korean Miso and Honey Glazed Cod This miso, honey, soy, garlic, and ginger glazed cod is perfectly cooked at lightning speed. It takes longer to cook the accompaniments than it does to get your gorgeous main dish on the table and it's perfect for either a quiet dinner at home or entertaining during Lent. This is the product of a tub of white miso that had sat too long untouched and some lovely cod fillets I got on sale today. This streamlined recipe delivers a sweet glaze on silky, luxurious fish without the two-to-three-day marinade.
Miso-glazed Cod step by step
- Preheat your broiler. About 500deg, top heat only..
- Pat dry your cod. Salt & pepper generously..
- In a nonstick ovenproof skillet over med heat, place your fish in the pan. Combine the first 7 ingredients in the pan until bubbly. Heat until the fish is half-cooked while spooning the mixture over the fish..
- Transfer the pan to the middle rack of the oven and broil for 6-8 mins..
- Ta-da! Enjoy over a bed of steamed Chinese broccoli or greens of your choice. Enjoy!.
Remove the cod from the marinade and pat dry. Place miso, sugar, mirin, ginger, oil, and vinegar in a blender; blend until smooth. This Maple-Miso Glazed Black Cod recipe is what rich, luscious fish (without any butter) dreams are made of! Place cod in the baking pan and sprinkle with pepper. Spread miso mix on the top of each cod fillet.