Baked Honey Sweet Apples. If you love Honey Roasted Apples, but want something a little extra for Easter dinner, you will love this recipe. It has all the delicious honey apple flavor without having to dirty your cast iron skillet. An adaptation of a Michael Chiarello recipe, these are crispy while soft, sweet while salty and they are an absolute amazing side to a pork dish [I've also made them with chicken and with stuffed pastas].
Pork sausages with apples make a perfect meal for anytime of the year, in my opinion. And these sausages are roasted to perfection. how long you can store baked apples; how to store the baked apples when you make them ahead; how to reheat the entire dish or individual apples; the best temperature for baking apples. This recipe for baked apples is perfect for a snack, a side dish or including with any fall meal or even as a welcome addition to a Thanksgiving feast! You can cook Baked Honey Sweet Apples using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked Honey Sweet Apples
- You need 4 of large apples (Granny Smith or Golden Delicious).
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter room temperature.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of honey.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of water.
- You need of Cinnamon (optional).
Add the onion and apples to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Mix the broth with the mustard, then add to the skillet and bring to a boil. This Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Apples Recipe is a healthy and easy side dish that is perfect for Thanksgiving! In a large skillet or saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add apples.
Baked Honey Sweet Apples step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit Cut the apples top (reserve) With a small spoon hollow the center of it in order to remove the seed only Arrange the apples in a baking dish, along with the top of it, add water.
- Inside the hollow of each apple add: 1/2 tablespoon butter 1 tablespoon of honey 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence 1 spoon of sugar.
- Cook for 40 minutes or until the edges are tender If you want to lightly toast them, put the oven on broil for 2 minutes or to taste.
These baked honey crisp apple chips really have the best of both. You are literally concentrating the apple flavor, so it is like a burst of sweet deliciousness. I personally went for the honey crisp apple variety because they are just my favorite. In large mixing bowl, place parsnips, sweet potato and apples and set aside. In microwave-safe bowl, mix oil and honey.