Sesame seed cookies. Check Out Sesame Seed Cookies On eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color Today! Italian Sesame Seed Cookies are the perfect sweet treat to serve with a cup of coffee or espresso.
Your cookie jar should never be without these. ≡ LOGIN/REGISTER. Take each piece, wet it in milk and then roll it in the sesame seed. Remove cookies to wire racks to cool. You can have Sesame seed cookies using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sesame seed cookies
- Prepare 2 lbs of flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of olive oil or if you prefer butter.
- You need 1 envelope of dry yeast.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of lukewarm water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of mahlab optional.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of sesame seeds roasted fresh.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
Put sesame seeds shallow bowl or plate. Roll cookie logs in sesame seeds to coat. (Optional: Pour milk and a few drops of anise flavoring in a shallow bowl. Put sesame seeds in another shallow bowl or plate. In a bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar; add egg and vanilla.
Sesame seed cookies instructions
- Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup of warm water with sugar cover for few minutes.
- In large pan mix flour,salt,mahalab,sugar add olive oil add the yeast mixture and mix gradually add the water mixing and kneading until u form smooth dough not sticky.
- Cover and rest for 2 hours or until rises double size.
- Get two plates one for milk and other for sesame seed to dip the cookies.
- Cut dough size a golf ball flatten into circle dip into milk then in the sesame seeds.
- Let it rest for 1/2 hour.
- Bake for 15 minutes in reheated oven 375 degrees.
- Broil for 1 minuets to light brown enjoy.
Combine remaining ingredients; add to the creamed mixture. After trying my hand at countless sesame cookie recipes, my Italian girlfriend shared her Aunt Anne's recipe and I knew my search had ended! Basically an anise flavored butter cookie covered in sesame seeds. The smell when removing them from the oven is wonderful! Seeds stick better if put in sugared water and taken out and put on a clean lintless cloth.