Shrimp macaroni and cheese. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Garlic Shrimp Mac and Cheese is all your food dreams bundled together in one bubbling dish! A silky, cheesy macaroni sauce with plump, juicy garlic shrimp (prawns) AND a crunchy, golden parmesan topping.
The spice level for this recipe is completely customizable. A number of years ago, the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board would host a massive macaroni and cheese festival on their blog, where they asked bloggers to share unique macaroni and cheese recipes. Sprinkle with reserved cheese and fresh parsley. You can have Shrimp macaroni and cheese using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shrimp macaroni and cheese
- Prepare 1 lb of uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of butter.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare of Macaroni and cheese.
- It’s 1 lb of cellentani pasta.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 3 cups of milk.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
- You need 1 tablespoon of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of parsley flakes.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 2 cups of grated extra sharp cheddar cheese.
- It’s 2 cups of grated Monterrey jack cheese.
- Prepare of Topping.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Panko breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of melted butter.
Traditional pasta is of course elbow macaroni, but any short pasta is fine. Do not mix different pastas, however, because many cook at different rates, and you want your pasta uniformly cooked. Baked Shrimp Macaroni and Cheese is gooey, rich, creamy comfort food kicked up a notch with Old Bay seasoned shrimp. This is a creamy, rich, and decadent recipe for an 'over the top' experience.
Shrimp macaroni and cheese instructions
- Cook pasta according to package directions, strain, rinse in cold water, and set aside..
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter with 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large (oven proof) iron skillet on medium-high heat. Add shrimp in an even layer and cook 2-3 minutes, flip over, and continue to cook 2-3 minutes or until cooked through. Remove shrimp to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, cut into halves. Set aside..
- While shrimp are cooking, preheat oven to 350..
- Keep the drippings in the skillet and melt 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat, then whisk in the flour. Cook, while stirring for 2 minutes. Turn heat to low then gradually whisk in milk. Whisk in cornstarch and remaining seasoning..
- Simmer, whisking constantly until thickened (but not overly thick). Whisk in cheddar, then Monterrey jack. Add shrimp and pasta and stir until evenly coated..
- Spread pasta into an even layer and top with Parmesan. Whisk Panko with melted butter and evenly sprinkle on top. Bake 15-20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Turn oven to broil to toast Panko for 3-5 minutes, watching closely so it doesn’t burn..
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving..
Cajun Shrimp and Crab Mac and Cheese. I made this mac and cheese for Christmas dinner last year, and it was a HIT! The fact that my entire family enjoyed it was such a big deal, because black folks don't play when it comes to mac and cheese. Since it's gotten so many positive reviews, this has now become my go-to macaroni. In large bowl combine shrimp and cooked macaroni; add cheese sauce and mix thoroughly.