Saengsun Jorim (Korean Style Fish Stewed in Soy Sauce).
You can cook Saengsun Jorim (Korean Style Fish Stewed in Soy Sauce) using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Saengsun Jorim (Korean Style Fish Stewed in Soy Sauce)
- Prepare 1 (2 pound) of fresh whole fish, cleaned, scaled, and cut into thirds (see notes above re: using fish fillets).
- It’s 1 of large carrot, peeled and cut into 1/2" thick pieces.
- It’s 1/2 of an onion cut into 1/4" thick slices.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed.
- Prepare 5 slices of fresh ginger (1/8" thick).
- Prepare 4-5 of jalapenos, stemmed and halved.
- Prepare 1 of tomato, cut into sixths.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1-2 Tablespoons of sugar.
Saengsun Jorim (Korean Style Fish Stewed in Soy Sauce) step by step
- Put everything in pot, with vegetables and aromatics going in first, under the fish. (This helps to keep the fish skin from sticking to the pot. I actually forgot to do it this time, but when most of my brain cells are functioning, I remember. 😉 ).
- Cover the pot, turn the heat up to medium high, and let everything come to a boil for a minute or two. This will probably take about 15 minutes. (I took the lid off to check the fish when I took this pic and forgot to put it back on.).
- Turn the heat down to medium low and simmer, covered, for another 15 minutes or so, the flip the fish and redistribute all the ingredients so they all get some immersed cooking time in the sauce..
- Put lid on slightly askew and simmer another 15 minutes or so, then enjoy with a bowl of steamed rice. Even when the fish is all gone, I like to enjoy the slow cooked veg and flavorful sauce with rice for a quick and easy meal..