Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup. Enjoy Our Deliciously Crafted Chicken Rice and Soup Made with Real Ingredients. Now Choose From Multiple Easy Chicken Recipes To Create That Perfect Meal. I no longer need to look anywhere else!
A pot of pure comfort, it's a slightly thickened, creamy chicken soup with a finishing garnish of smoky bacon. For convenience, we call for precooked wild rice; if you can't find it, you can substitute. Classic creamy chicken and wild rice soup is filled with ingredients that I don't usually use – chicken, of course, chicken broth, and even heavy cream. You can have Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup
- Prepare 2 of chicken breast, boiled cooled and shredded (or use rotisserie).
- You need 2.5 cups of fresh kale, chopped.
- It’s 1 of large onion, diced.
- Prepare 6 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 3 of celery, diced.
- You need 2 of small-medium carrots, diced.
- It’s 2 tbs of flour.
- It’s 2 tbs of butter.
- It’s 1.5 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cream (half&half is fine).
- You need 6 cup of chicken stock.
- It’s 3/4 cup of rice (uncooked).
- It’s 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 2 tsp of dried basil.
- Prepare 1 of dried bay leaf.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
Taste and see if more salt or black pepper is needed. If you prefer thicker soup, mix more cassava flour with liquid from the soup pot. A little heavy cream adds body and richness to classic chicken and rice soup, and collard greens make it heartier and more nutritious. If you're looking for a tasty side, we recommend this Buttermilk Drop Biscuits Recipe that gets extra flavor from chives and whole-grain mustard.
Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup instructions
- In a large pot, heat oil with butter on medium high heat. Sautee onion and garlic until onion translucent. Then add your carrots and celery, cook for 4 min..
- Add the flour to the pot and cook for 2-3 min. Add your milk and cream to the pot. Cook for 5 more min, the mixture should be pretty thick..
- Add your shredded chicken to the pot and stir to combine. Add all of your chicken stock. Let this cook together for about 20 min. (On medium low).
- After 20 min, add your rice and kale to the pot, cook for another 30 min. (On medium low).
- The longer you let it cook, the thicker it will become..
- Note: if u boil bone in chicken for this recipe. Save the water you boiled the chicken in, just strain it to remove any icky parts and add that to your soup if you dont have stock..
- This makes a lot of soup, the leftovers are even better if you can imagine!!.
Cut down on cleanup by making this chicken soup with leftover cooked white rice or with one package of microwavable. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute carrot, celery and onion until tender. Chicken Kale White Bean Soup – Comforting homemade soup recipe filled with chicken, healthy kale, hearty white beans in a chicken stock base. Made with creamy Parmesan, and gluten free. But I feel like my heart belongs in North Carolina.