Sweet Potato Casserole. Bring to a boil over high heat, then lower the heat to a simmer and cook until the potatoes. Put sweet potatoes in a medium saucepan with water to cover. Cook over medium high heat until tender; drain and mash.
Use fresh or canned sweet potatoes. This sweet potato casserole is always going to be amazingly nutty and crunchy, but adding cornflakes cereal to the pecan-brown sugar topping gives the casserole extra crispiness. Each topping tastes beautifully toasty, and comes together in a medley of flavors all rolled into a single bite. You can cook Sweet Potato Casserole using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Casserole
- It’s 4 lbs of sweet potatoes quarter.
- Prepare 1 cup of butter.
- You need 3/4 cups of brown sugar.
- Prepare to taste of Ground cinnamon.
- It’s to taste of Ground nutmeg.
- It’s of Marshmallows.
The Cornflake, Pecan, and Marshmallow-Topped Sweet. For topping, combine all the ingredients and sprinkle over potatoes. Long ago, I had shared the final photo and printable recipe for my all-time favorite sweet potato dish. Prepare sweet potato mixture and spread into casserole dish.
Sweet Potato Casserole instructions
- Preheat over 400. Peel potatoes and put in a large pot of water. Bring to boil cooking about 15 minutes, drain and cook..
- In a large mixing bowl add potatoes, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix till smooth. Pour in a baking dish and bake 15 minutes..
- Pour marshmallows on top and turn over to broil. Watch so marshmallow do not burn! Remove and enjoy!.
Prepare streusel topping and store in a zip top bag in the refrigerator. When ready to bake, remove all from the refrigerator. Spread streusel on top of casserole and bake as directed. Make the famous Sweet Potato Casserole from Ruth's Chris at home tonight. Get our Sweet Potato Pie recipe to use on holidays, special occasions and more.