Vegan Asian Rice Salad. Try this healthy vegan Asian rice salad recipe, a nutritious vegetarian meal made with brown rice and vegetables for a fantastic mix of flavors and textures. It's a little bit sweet and a little bit sour, with lots of crunchy texture. The dressing is a nice fusion of fresh Asian flavours like sesame oil, rice vinegar and ginger paired with or orange juice and Dijon mustard.
The Best Cold Vegetarian Rice Salad Recipes on Yummly Chilled Peanut Noodle Salad With Crispy Tofu, Teriyaki Tofu And Soba Noodle Salad, Cold Asian Vegan Rice Salad With Vegetables Asian wild rice salad with ginger soy dressing is a great side dish for barbecues, potlucks and picnics or a delicious main course for vegetarian and vegan eaters (substitutions included). Garlic & Zest is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn. You can cook Vegan Asian Rice Salad using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Asian Rice Salad
- You need 2 cup of White rice (I prefer sushi rice).
- You need 1 cup of Black beans.
- It’s 2/3 cup of Cilantro.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Parsley.
- You need 1 dash of Chives.
- It’s 1/2 of Avacado.
- It’s 1 of Ginger soy sauce.
Cube the tofu and add to the bowl with the dressing. And as a vegan or vegetarian it's incredibly easy to eat at Asian restaurants. Many Asian dishes are traditionally plant-based as Asian diets often heavily rely on vegetables and grains. Soy and coconut milk also play a huge role in many Asian cuisines, which makes it so easy for vegans to enjoy Asian dishes.
Vegan Asian Rice Salad step by step
- Cook rice pinto beans before hand. I prefer to make these in the morning if I'm using this recipe for supper. Like most of my recipes I prefer to cook my grains and beans in bulk so I can use them for multiple dishes thought out the week..
- Rice: Cook rice 1 part rice and two parts water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20min..
- Beans: bring beans to a boil and let simmer for at least two hours. Occasionally taste check. I prefer my beans a bit on the harder side since I use them in salads and Buddha bowls..
- Finely chop parsley and cilantro.
- Add avocado.
- Mix everything together and add ginger soy sauce (I buy mine at whole foods but you can use and sweet Asian sauce or marinate. Teriyaki, orange, ect.).
Assemble the salad directly before serving (especially as wakame tends to make the salad watery after a while). Place cold noodles in a large bowl and mix the seaweed and all the vegetables through the noodles – I find that it is best to use my hands to separate these pesky rice noodles more easily. Dot with the dressing and mix thoroughly again. Vegan Asian Recipes It is true, that Asian people consume a lot of sea food, so as a vegan it would a bit more difficult to eat, but it's not as bad as it may seem. As the below shown delicious recipes show, you can veganize literally almost anything, so it would be fine, I think.