Sweet and Sour Tofu. A plant-based version of this classic Chinese food that is much better and healthier than take out! Tofu is a staple in our kitchen, we use it a lot and also to make recipes for you guys. It's a great meat alternative, especially when you're trying to recreate.
We picked a quiet resort by the beach because we wanted to unplug from everything and forget about work and. Healthier Sweet and Sour Tofu with crispy, crunchy, chewy baked tofu, sweet, savory, fruity, tangy sauce and chunks of bell pepper, onion and pineapple. Just perfect served over fluffy rice! You can have Sweet and Sour Tofu using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet and Sour Tofu
- Prepare 275 g of firm tofu, cubed.
- You need 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of vinegar.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need of For sauce.
- It’s 3 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of vinegar.
- You need 3 tbsp of water.
- It’s 3 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
Sweet and Sour Tofu – A favorite Chinese dish with a meatless twist that gives you the contrast of sweet and sour for a healthy meal any night of the My Sweet and Sour Tofu is just the thing to help you fill up without filling out. It's hearty and filling, yet it's light and healthy so you can escape that. This lovely sweet and sour crispy tofu with veggies is paying all the work off. Inside the delicious sauce, the amazing crispy shell with a faint aroma of bean curd is extremely appealing.
Sweet and Sour Tofu step by step
- Mix soysauce and vinegar in a bowl until well combined. Add the tofu cubes and let rest for 5 min.
- Drain the tofu and transfer some of the tofu cubes in a freezer bag with tbsp cornstarch and toss to coat. Repeat this step with rest of tofu and cornstarch. Add more cornstarch if needed..
- Fry the tofu cubes in a skillet with cooking oil over medium high heat until all sides are golden brown. Remove tofu from pan and set aside..
- Add the garlic in the skillet and stir fry it for 1-2 minutes until they start to golden brown..
- To make the sauce just mix all ingredients until well combined..
- Add the sauce, and cook until thickens. Stir frequently..
- Finally, add the tofu, stir and cook for 1-2 mins more. Then remove pan from heat. And serve..
Sweet and sour taste has two explanations in Chinese. Crispy sweet and sour tofu made by tossing baked tofu cubes in a naturally-sweetened, slightly spicy sauce. I am totally obsessed with this sweet and sour tofu right now. Vegan Sweet and Sour Tofu with vegetables, a super tasty and simple Thai dish made with crispy pan seared or "air fried" tofu cubes that are finished in a luscious sweet and sour sauce, vegetables and pineapple. Perfect served with a bowl of rice or tossed with your favorite noodles.