Chicken Mac casserole. Use Our Step-By-Step Guide To Cook Simple and Delectable Meal Plans. Cook over medium heat until cheese melts; stir in chicken and macaroni; taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Beat in flour, onion salt, garlic salt and pepper with whisk until thickened.
Drain macaroni; add to chicken mixture. Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top of casserole. In a large saucepan, melt butter. You can cook Chicken Mac casserole using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Mac casserole
- It’s 12 oz of cooked shredded chicken (I used one pack of Schwan's).
- Prepare 1 box of Deluxe Kraft creamy Alfredo Mac n cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 box of cornbread stuffing mix.
- You need of Butter.
- It’s of Water.
Remove from the heat; add cheese; stir until melted. Add the macaroni, chicken, pimientos, salt and pepper. This is an easy to make recipe that is great for potlucks, church gatherings, holidays, or outside gatherings. I found this recipe while browsing through my Betty Crocker cookbook and thought it sounded tasty.
Chicken Mac casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees..
- Make Mac n Cheese following box directions..
- Make cornbread stuffing following box directions for microwave- cook for only half of the time..
- Pour Mac n cheese into a casserole dish. I just mixed the Mac n cheese in a casserole dish to save on this step..
- Add 1/2 cup milk and a few tbsp of melted butter to Mac n cheese..
- Mix shredded chicken in to Mac n cheese..
- Cover with cornbread stuffing mix..
- Bake, uncovered for 15 minutes.
I love that you don't have to pre-cook the pasta. The original recipe called for curry powder but I also like it with chili powder for something totally different (if using chili powder, you will want to double the amount). Also a good use for that leftover holiday turkey! Meanwhile, melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. How to make Mac and Cheese: If you love a creamy, homemade baked mac and cheese, then you're going to love how quickly this dinner comes together!