Chicken Madras (hot curry).
You can cook Chicken Madras (hot curry) using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Madras (hot curry)
- Prepare 4 of chillies.
- It’s 2 tsp of coriander (ground).
- It’s 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 2 tsp of turmeric.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1 pinch of pepper.
- Prepare 150 grams of creamed coconut.
- It’s 55 grams of ghee.
- You need 4 clove of garlic.
- It’s 2 of onions.
- Prepare 750 grams of chicken breast chopped into smalk chunks.
- It’s 2 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 dash of lemon juuce.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
Chicken Madras (hot curry) instructions
- dissolve coconut in 300ml of boiling water.
- chop chillies finely and add to bowl with turmeric, mustard seeds, coriander, ginger, pepper and stir in a small amount of coconut to create a paste.
- melt ghee in a frying pan or wok with a lid over a medium high heat.
- add chopped onions and garlic to melted ghee, lower heat and stir until onion slightly brown.
- add paste mixture and stir for a couple of minutes.
- add the chicken and stir into the mixture for 1 minute before adding stock.
- bring to boil and then lower heat to low, cover abd simmer for 1.5hrs. stir occasionally to stop chicken sticking to base of pan.
- lift lid and add remaining coconut, lemon juice and salt. Bring to boil then reduce heat again for 20mins or until the sauce has reduced slightly.
- serve with pillau rice and garnish with a sprig of freshh coriander.