spicy fried plantain with peanut. Bakabana is a fried plantain dish from Suriname, of Indonesian origin. Slices of ripe plantain are battered and fried, then served with a spicy peanut Plantains are versatile and can be cooked while they are still green, but this dish is especially delicious with sweeter, ripe plantain (when the outside. Fried ripe plantains can be found not only on tables throughout the Caribbean but in other parts of the world.
Kelewele is essentially just fried plantains that have been seasoned with a variety of spices and served alongside a stew or even just on their own. If you're familiar with African cuisine in general you will know that many countries have their own versions of fried plantains. Fried plantains like kelewele show up all over the world like in Nigeria (called dodo), South America and the Caribbean, and Asia, but this recipe is ALL GHANA! You can cook spicy fried plantain with peanut using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of spicy fried plantain with peanut
- Prepare 4 large of plantain chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of all purpose season.
- You need 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of medium hot pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of ginger paste.
- It’s 1 cup of of roasted peanut.
- You need 1000 ml of of oil.
Spice recommendations change based on who's cooking it. It seems everyone has their own secret spice mix, but the basics are salt, peppers. In this video, I'll show how I make my fried version. Here is an easy way to make sweet fried plantains using super ripe plantains.
spicy fried plantain with peanut step by step
- in a deep cooking pan,pour in the oil and let it heat up.
- in a bowl add the plantain and all the spices and mix it very well.
- fry them bet by bet in the oil due about 10minutes each time.
- save immediately with peanut.
- can be eaten with sources as well.
Cook in coconut oil until crisp. Tried and true sweet plantain recipe. **UPDATE** I tried this recipe with yellow plantains and they came out DELICIOUS!! Preparation With a small sharp knife cut ends from each plantain and halve crosswise. Cut a lengthwise slit through skin along inside curve. A sweet and spicy version of the fried banana fritters is deep-fried and added with spices to perfection.