Rob's Spicy Mexican Soup Gumbo. Put couple large tablespoons of salsa/pico de gallo in the bowl. See great recipes for Spicy salsa soup, Rob's Spicy Mexican Soup Gumbo too! Gumbo is an original dish from the state of Louisiana and it's really comforting and perfect on cold days.
To give it that Mexican touch, we use rice to thicken the soup. Add the juice of the lime/limes. Season with salt and red chile pepper. You can cook Rob's Spicy Mexican Soup Gumbo using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rob's Spicy Mexican Soup Gumbo
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef (or turkey).
- It’s 8 oz of package of Mexican style shredded cheese.
- It’s 24 oz of jar of mild/medium/hot salsa (can also use pico de gallo).
- It’s 16 oz of container of sour cream.
- Prepare 4 1/2 oz of package of Chef's Cupboard Tortilla Soup Mix.
- Prepare 1 bag of of tortilla chips/strips (your favorite).
- It’s 6 cup of of instant white rice (already boiled per box).
Uses okra, tomatoes & gumbo file. Mom's Chicken Gumbo Soup is a hearty, rich soup that warms you from the inside out while fighting off the winter colds and flu. A great way to serve a crowd and stay warm on chilly days. Isaac lets us in on the importance of taking it slow and enjoying a beer while cooking. www.seaonest.com Tasty seafood gumbo made with your favorite spice blend, Seasonest!
Rob's Spicy Mexican Soup Gumbo instructions
- Make Instant White Rice per instructions on box.
- Brown ground beef/turkey in skillet.
- Cook Tortilla soup per instructions on package.
- Serve as follows per serving: Put white rice & ground beef in bowl..
- Pour at least 1 laddle of Tortilla soup over rice & beef combo..
- Put couple large tablespoons of salsa/pico de gallo in the bowl..
- Put a dolup of sour cream on top of salsa.
- Cover with shredded cheese & tortilla chips. Then serve..
- (Optional) Add choice of hot sauce, I prefer Cholula..
Visit our website for other recipes! Mexican Vegetarian Gumbo is my all time favorite dish from Qdoba, a fast food restaurant serving Mexican cuisine. Other than rice, beans, soup and salsa, I usually load it up with all the vegetables they have such as corn, tomatoes, some lettuce and green peppers. I haven't mentioned it in the recipe. There's nothing like a warm bowl of gumbo, and I especially like a seafood gumbo.