Tomato Basil Bruschetta. Use any flavorful, ripe tomato for this recipe. If you use cherry tomatoes, just quarter them, don't bother blanching or peeling them. *To thinly slice basil leaves, stack the leaves on top of each other and roll up like a cigar. My first culinary "success." This recipe came from a great book _Cucina Amore_, and is.
Tomato and basil bruschetta; showcasing beautiful ripe tomatoes and fresh basil, this bruschetta recipe is all about simple ingredients at their best. The classic Italian antipasto is so quick and easy to put together and packed with loads of fresh flavours. You can make classic tomato-basil bruschetta at home with simple, fresh ingredients. You can cook Tomato Basil Bruschetta using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tomato Basil Bruschetta
- It’s 1 large of Tomato.
- You need 1 loaf of French bread.
- Prepare 1 pinch of basil.
- Prepare 1/2 can of Tomato puree.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Monterey Jack cheese.
- You need 1 pinch of sea salt.
- Prepare 1 dash of Olive oil.
- You need 1 of Shallot (julienned).
Gorgeous tomato bruschetta with fresh basil and quality olive oil. There are so many delicious bruschetta toppings to choose from, but this is hard to beat. Basil and tomatoes compliment each other beautifully and are usually overflowing in my garden in the late summer months. You can toast the bread in the oven or on the grill so you don't heat up the kitchen.
Tomato Basil Bruschetta instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice French baguette into slices. Place on a baking sheet with aluminum foil rubbed with olive oil (to prevent sticking).
- Coat each slice of bread with olive oil, and top with tomatoes (small diceed), a pinch of shallot, and a sprinkle of basil..
- Lightly season with sea salt and finish with cheese.
- Add to oven and cook for approximately 6 minutes, or until lightly browned and crisp.
In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, minced garlic, balsamic vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper. Rub the garlic into one side of the baguette slices, then spoon the tomato mixture evenly across the slices. Make our simple tomato bruschetta as a classic Italian starter. Ideal for a summer gathering with friends, this easy dish is fresh, tasty and full of flavour Fresh tomato, basil, and garlic, and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, come together in this easy, classic bruschetta appetizer. Get the recipe now on Foodal.