Asian Stuffed Napa Cabbage Rolls. Wrap and steam the stuffed cabbage. Divide the stuffing to the number of stuffed cabbage rolls you want to make. Place a portion of the stuffing at the center of a piece of the cabbage leaf and roll up like making a Swiss roll, or enclose the filling entirely like closing an envelope.
After typical Romanian stuffed cabbage rolls like these Vegan Sauerkraut with Rice, Walnuts and Raisins or these typical German Easy Stuffed Savoy Cabbage with Minced Meat, I am presenting you today with an Asian version of stuffed cabbage leaves: Asian. Stuffed cabbage is one of those wonderfully forgiving creations that can be flavored with virtually any combination of flavors and still emerge from the oven hearty, delicious, and totally satisfying. Steamed or sauced; stuffed with pork, beef, lamb, or chicken; there's something magical that happens when the cabbage leaves are stuffed and baked. You can have Asian Stuffed Napa Cabbage Rolls using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Asian Stuffed Napa Cabbage Rolls
- It’s 1 lb of lean ground beef or turkey.
- It’s 2 of carrots, shredded.
- Prepare 1 cup of cooked brown rice or quinoa.
- It’s 4-5 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 2 TBSP of ginger, minced.
- It’s 1 of small onion, minced.
- It’s 3 TBSP of low sodium soy sauce.
- It’s 2 TBSP of toasted sesame oil.
- You need 2 tsp of rice vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chili or chili-garlic sauce.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper,.
- It’s leaves of from 1 large head of Napa cabbage.
This recipe for Asian Cabbage Rolls with Spicy. The cabbage rolls are stuffed with ground pork mixed with ginger, garlic, shiitake mushrooms, shredded carrots, scallions and rice. Steamed cabbage rolls are a healthier version of the more popular Chinese egg rolls. Egg rolls (sometimes called spring rolls) are wrapped in a very thin flour dough sheet, stuffed with pork, cabbage, and various ingredients, and deep-fried until incredibly crispy.
Asian Stuffed Napa Cabbage Rolls step by step
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F..
- Prepare your filling by gently combing meat, shredded carrots, cooked rice (or quinoa), garlic giner, onion, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, chili sauce and a pinch of salt and black pepper in a large mixing bowl..
- To make your leaves easy to roll, use a rolling pin to flatten to make leaves more pliable. If you find that your leaves are on the smaller side, use two to roll, overlapping both ends to make one big leaf..
- Spoon your filling into each leaf. Carefully roll each leaf tightly and place side by side in a large baking dish. Pour 1 cup of water over stuffed cabbage rolls and cover with aluminum foil. Bake in preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes or until completely cooked through..
Serve drizzled with juices and sprinkled with red pepper, if desired. Spicy Asian Pork Cabbage Rolls are a spicy, Asian-inspired twist on traditional cabbage rolls! Use turkey, chicken, beef or even tofu if you prefer! One of my all-time most favorite comfort foods in the world is traditional, old-fashioned cabbage rolls. Lay a prepared cabbage leaf down with the stem end facing you.