Chinese Fried Rice. Set out additional soy sauce on the table, if desired. To make this homemade fried rice recipe, you will need: Cooked, chilled rice: Make sure your rice has been cooked in advance and thoroughly chilled in the fridge in a sealed container. As I said before, freshly-cooked rice will not work well in this recipe.
You will not be getting take out any longer! Have fried rice as an entree or a side dish when serving it! If you love fried rice try these variations of fried rice: Bacon Fried Rice, Shrimp Fried Rice, Ham Fried Rice or Chicken Fried Rice. You can cook Chinese Fried Rice using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chinese Fried Rice
- It’s 2 tablespoons of oil.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic – minced.
- Prepare 4 oz of chicken breast – cut into cubes.
- Prepare 4 oz of shrimp, peeled – shelled and deveined.
- It’s 1 cup of frozen mixed vegetables – thawed.
- It’s 12 oz of overnight rice.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of oyster sauce.
- You need 3 dashes of white pepper.
- It’s 2 of eggs – lightly beaten.
- It’s of salt – taste.
Vegetable Fried Rice has to be one of my all time favorite dishes. I love making Chinese food at home and fried rice is always the perfect accompaniment to my take out style dishes. I love serving this rice with my General Tso's Chicken and my Slow Cooker Broccoli Beef. It all starts off with cold day old rice.
Chinese Fried Rice step by step
- Heat up a wok or pan with two tablespoons of oil. Add the garlic and stir fry until aromatic, follow by chicken, shrimp, and mixed vegetables. Stir fry until the chicken and shrimp are half cooked..
- Add in the rice and stir well with the ingredients. Add the fish sauce, soy sauce, oyster sauce, white pepper and continue to stir the fried rice for a couple of minutes..
- Using the spatula, push the rice to the side of the wok and make a “well” in the middle of the fried rice. Pour the beaten eggs in the “well.” Wait for 30 seconds and then cover the eggs with the fried rice. Leave it for 30 seconds to 1 minute and continue to stir-fry so the eggs form into small pieces and mix well with the fried rice..
- Add in salt to taste and do some quick stirs, dish out and serve hot..
Learn how to make Chinese egg fried rice (Yang Chow Fried Rice or Young Chow Fried Rice) in the right way with all tips you should know for a perfect homemade stir fried rice. Fired rice (炒饭) and chow mein (炒面) possibly are the two most popular types of dishes based on staple foods of China—rice and noodles. Home-style fried rice can be as humble as basic egg fried rice or as luxury. Chop green onions and keep the dark green portions separate for garnish. Heat up a wok or non-stick skillet.