Nia’s homemade spicy curry chickpeas hummus. Learn How To Elevate Your Recipes For Any Celebration With Cholula Hot Sauce®. Please practice hand-washing and social distancing, and check out our resources for adapting to these times. Combine beans, tahini, oil, pepper flakes, cumin, coriander, garlic, salt, and lemon juice in food processor bowl and grind into a smooth paste.
Usually I made it in very simple way. Let drain again while you do the other prep. Nia's homemade spicy curry chickpeas hummus. You can cook Nia’s homemade spicy curry chickpeas hummus using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Nia’s homemade spicy curry chickpeas hummus
- You need 1 can of chickpeas rinsed and drained.
- It’s 1 tsp of curry powder (less or more).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric (less or more).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper (less or more and optional).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of thyme (less or more).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt celery (less or more).
- It’s 1 tsp of nutrition yeast (optional).
- You need 1 of dates (seeding and soften).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dry mustard (less or more).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of miso paste (optional).
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder (less or more).
- You need 1 tsp of onion powder (less or more).
- You need 1 tsp of lemon juice (less or more).
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need 3-4 tbsp of water.
After came back from the church my hubby wanted me to make a hummus for him. Usually I made it in very simple way. But this time I wanted to make it little bit different and with different flavor. So I decided to make it with curry flavor.
Nia’s homemade spicy curry chickpeas hummus step by step
- In a food processor combine all the ingredients except lemon juice and salt. Add water and process until smooth..
- Add salt and lemon juice, and pulse just to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning if need it before transfer it to the bowl..
- Serve with toasted bread or pita chips. Enjoy 😊.
Drain and rinse, then transfer to a large saucepan. Note: Of all the chickpeas recipes on the blog, this is the only one that requires dried – NOT canned – chickpeas. Do not make this recipe with canned chickpeas, or your falafel will be mushy. Homemade hummus is so easy to make! Add a little variety to your usual hummus recipe by adding some Indian curry spices, and, if you're feeling adventurous, add some spicy jalapeno pepper.