Buttermilk pancakes. Freeze option: Freeze cooled pancakes between layers of waxed paper in a freezer container. The recipe would have been rated higher overall if people would have done that. Love mine with blueberries and fresh maple syrup.
So much better than a box mix! All you need is to top them with maple syrup and you're good to go. Pancakes are the hero of the breakfast table, and their very taste can even be described as "deeply breakfasty": eggy, salty, just this side of sweet A little indulgent and yet still somehow appropriate first thing in the morning, those fluffy stacks with crisped edges, dripping with maple syrup, are everything you want, exactly when you want them Here is how to get to them right every. You can have Buttermilk pancakes using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Buttermilk pancakes
- It’s 3/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of white vinegar.
- It’s 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of white sugar.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter, melted.
- It’s 1 of egg.
Nothing says "happy weekend" quite like a stack of fluffy flapjacks. Whether they satisfy a carb craving (read: hangover helper) or allow your taste buds to travel back to your childhood breakfast table, one thing is certain. Using buttermilk gives these pancakes a nice tang and makes them fluffy.. Very light and fluffy and definitely restaurant quality.
Buttermilk pancakes step by step
- Mix 2 tablespoons of white vinegar with the milk. Set aside for 5-10 minutes to sour..
- Sift together all purpose flour with the baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar..
- Beat 1 egg into the soured milk, and mix in the melted butter..
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, and whisk until there are no clumps of flour left..
- Heat a skillet to medium heat, and lightly grease with either a cooking spray, oil, or butter. Scoops 1/4 cup if the batter onto the heated skillet..
- Cook until the edges have browned, then flip over to cook the other side for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until both sides are golden brown..
- Serve hot with a cube of butter, and honey or syrup..
Buttermilk Pancakes: In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. In a separate bowl whisk together the egg, buttermilk, and melted butter. This easy homemade pancake recipe is a keeper! Learn how to make big, fluffy and beautiful buttermilk pancakes from scratch. This old-fashioned buttermilk pancake recipe is without a doubt the tried-and-true favorite in our family.