Italian wedding soup with meatballs. In a large bowl, combine the egg white, bread crumbs and Italian seasoning. Crumble pork over mixture and mix well. Classic Italian wedding soup is beloved for its simplicity and satisfaction This turkey version is lean, while meatballs stay moist by simmering in broth Start with the most flavorful broth you can get your hands on (homemade is ideal, but store-bought works well too), then pack the meatballs with flavor (garlic and parsley) and staying power (egg, panko and cheese, to gently bind them together) So, if the meatballs are in the freezer, there is fresh Italian Wedding Soup with Beef Meatballs and Spinach almost effortlessly, any time.
There are endless variations on this soup, but the main elements are meatballs and greens. In our recipe, we make meatballs of ground beef and pork, and we add plenty of fresh herbs and kale for the green component. While the name indicates that the soup might be served at an Italian wedding, it is actually a mistranslation of minestra maritata, which refers to the "marriage" of greens and. You can have Italian wedding soup with meatballs using 21 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Italian wedding soup with meatballs
- Prepare of For the meatballs:.
- It’s 500 gr of ground beef.
- You need 1/3 cup of bread crumbs.
- It’s 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- It’s of For the soup:.
- You need 1 of big onion.
- Prepare 2 of celery sticks.
- It’s 1-2 of carrots.
- It’s 1 l of diced tomatoes (canned of fresh).
- You need 1 bunch of spinach.
- Prepare 1 cup of small pasta.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 of t.s. Italian seasoning.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Salt, pepper.
- Prepare 2 l of chicken broth.
The beef broth DEFINITELY adds that extra punch this soup needs. This easy recipe for Italian Wedding Soup with Chicken Meatballs is packed full of healthy ingredients and is hearty and filling. Made with acini di pepe pasta and cheesy chicken meatballs, this soup is a real treat! Italian Wedding Soup is warm and comforting and filled with tender chicken meatballs, carrots, spinach, and acici de pepe.
Italian wedding soup with meatballs instructions
- Mix in a bowl bread crumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, pepper, salt, garlic and egg. Add minced beef and mix with your hands. Heat oil in the large stockpot. Cook onion, carrot and celery simultaneously until onion starting to turn translucent. Add diced tomatoes. Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add meatballs and boil at medium about 5 minutes. Stir in spinach and simmer about 10 minutes..
- Add small pasta and cook 5-6 minutes. Mix in a bowl 2 eggs, grated Parmesan cheese. Add some pepper. Drizzle evenly across the top of he soup to create a thin layer. Cook about 2-3 minutes, then stir and switch heating off. Serve immediately..
- Video with my cooking of this soup https://youtu.be/AF4YyXkqysk?sub_confirmation=1.
This classic Italian soup will become and instant family favorite! We love a good warm bowl of soup at our house. This soup is full of flavor, comfort and all blended together for perfection! A delicious and hearty soup made with bite size herbed beef and pork meatballs, veggies and acini de pepe pasta. Description. a healthy italian wedding soup recipe, made with tender chicken meatballs, quinoa, kale & cannellini beans. this lightened-up italian wedding soup gets an extra punch of flavor from lemon juice & lots of pesto, making it a cozy & comforting soup & fresh easy weeknight dinner all at once!