Southern Sweet Deviled Eggs. Browse Our Fast And Easy Deviled Eggs Recipes Collection. The shells almost always come off more easily. Salt and pepper, for taste We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us.
Sometimes I will make half the deviled eggs with dill relish and half with sweet relish. Deviled eggs are the perfect finger food. I love to serve southern deviled eggs whenever I have guests over. You can have Southern Sweet Deviled Eggs using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Southern Sweet Deviled Eggs
- You need Dozen of Eggs.
- You need 2 tbsp of Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Sweet Relish.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Celery Seed.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of Mustard Powder.
- It’s of Paprika.
Everyone loves this classic deviled eggs recipe, and it's their so easy to make! These creamy deviled eggs consist of simple ingredients. All ingredients use can be found at you local grocery store! I start off with hard boiled eggs.
Southern Sweet Deviled Eggs instructions
- Place the eggs in a large pot. Fill with water. Set a timer for 20 minutes. Heat the eggs on high up to a boil then turn off the heat..
- After the timer is up, add ice to the eggs until the ice stops dissolving immediately..
- Put the pot directly under cold water and peel. Cut each egg cut in half and put the yolk in a mixing bowl. Place the egg halves on a serving platter..
- Mash the egg yolks. Mix in the mayo and relish in a tablespoon at time, adjusting slightly until the mix turns from a paste to icing. Be careful not to add too much or it can go from icing to sauce (too far)..
- Add the sugar, salt, mustard powder, and dash of celery seed to taste. Adjust as necessary..
- Fill each egg half with the mixture. I like to pour it into a plastic baggie, then cut the tip to make a one-use frosting piping bag..
- Garnish with paprika and serve on a bed of lettuce and/or celery..
Place eggs in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil, then cover pot and remove from heat. No skimpy deviled eggs allowed in my kitchen. You may use either sweet or dill pickles in this recipe, feel free to adapt to your taste. Classic Southern deviled eggs would usually call for a simple prepared yellow mustard for the filling, such as French's.