Makloubeh 1. Traditional Palestinian Makloubeh recipe from scratch. Makloubeh is upside-down rice with tender lamb cubes & delicious eggplants. Makloubeh is literally translated as "upside-down" and it's exactly what you're looking for to have a tasty and warming dinner.
It consists of meat, rice, and fried vegetables placed in a pot which is flipped upside down when served, hence the name maqluba, which translates literally as "upside-down." The dish goes back centuries and is found in the Kitab al-Tabikh, a collection of. Remove the bones from the chicken and place the chicken in the pot. Cover with the rest of the rice. You can have Makloubeh 1 using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Makloubeh 1
- Prepare 1 of large cauliflower.
- Prepare 3 lbs of chicken cut.
- It’s 1 of large tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 cups of basmati rice.
- It’s 3 of potatoes.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of allspice.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare 3 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric.
- You need 2 teaspoon of butter.
- It’s 4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s Dash of garlic powder.
- You need stick of Cinnamon.
- It’s 31/2 cups of the chicken stock.
When hot, fry the aubergine in batches for a minute a side, until nicely tanned. Maqluba (Palestinian one pot layered rice and vegetable torte) Makloubeh (which literally means upside down) is a popular Palestinian one pot rice, spice and vegetable dish. You can think of it as a torte or a savory counter part to a pineapple upside down cake because of the way that it is cooked and presented. Makloubeh is a traditional Palestinian dish that consists of meat, rice, and fried vegetables cooked in a pot.
Makloubeh 1 step by step
- Wash chicken an hour before with vinegar and lemon and salt.
- Boil the chicken with skimming the froth as it appears on the surface after 15 minute I add the one tablespoon of salt some of the pepper and the cinnamon stick few of the bay leaves cover and simmer united tender hour later drain broth into bowl..
- Lay the chicken on tray spread some of the butter on top and broil to get color..
- Break the cauliflower into flowerets and slice the potatoes about one inc and sprinkle with salt, fry in deep hot oil until golden drain on paper, you could fried the chicken if you do not want to broil it in this step..
- 4 quarter pot, you start layerings first chicken slice tomatoes potatoes cauliflower then the washed rice start with 21/2 broth boiled add the spices and let it all come to fast boil..
- Reduce heat cook covered for 40 minutes if the rice is not tender you add 1/2 cup of the broth must be boiled, cook until rice is tender and water is absorbed cooking time about hour.
- Let it cool for 15 minutes then turn the pot upside down in a large platter let it set in the pot for another 10 min before lifting the pot slowly enjoy.
- Serve with Greek plan yogurt or salad..
- Another Version of this dish you could use eggplant garlic onion tomatoes with lamb meat same steps instead of chicken and cauliflower great taste yummy..
The dish is then flipped upside-down when served — hence the name makloubeh, which translates literally as "upside-down." We often make this dish for important events, such as Eid, Ramadan, and family birthdays, as it is a labor of love. The cinnamon in the rice really makes. http://www. DedeMed.com Maklouba, Makloubeh, Makloubi, Makloube Recipe is a Upside Down Rice dish with either beef or chicken or can be vegetarian if you pref. Makloubeh is one of Palestine's most iconic dishes. Although enjoyed by all of the levant, Palestinians are famous for it.